V 2.0 Actual version RRS feed

• Question

•  

I am part of the perpetual beta and have downloaded from the Connect site at least 4 diffrent times and everytime the install is finished it comes back with version 1.6. this cannot be right.

I also never got an emial fro activation and now i am back to where I was 3 months ago. Wipe the machine and reinstall or remove OneCare and install Avast so I am protected.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I have been on the phone merrygo round with One Care support for over 3 hours and have had enough of the disconnects and restarting the whole process over again.

Thanks

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 12:34 AM

Answers

• If you are on the perpetual beta, you should be discussing this in the private newsgroups. Perpetual beta testers are still on version 1.6 and will be until the upgrade path from 1.6 to 2.0 is ready for testing. Version 2.0 is a new install only. To obtain the 2.0 beta, you will need to use a different LiveID to log in on Connect, assuming you have another machine to test 2.0 on at this time. Do not activate the 2.0 beta with your 1.6 perpetual LiveID.

-steve

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 11:57 AM