Where are my workflows?? RRS feed

• Question

• hi!!

I have a multiserver environment SharePoint 2010 farm with Project Server 2010.

I'm not able to deploy my workflow from Visual Studio saying that a feature is not installed when it arrives to Deploy phase (I supposed because of the standalone installation is the only supported way to do it).

Anyway, I deployed my workflow.wsp solution with stsadm commands and it's ACTIVE in Site Collecion Features.

But, I can't add it to a new or existing EPT, simply it doesn't appear in .

Next strangeness, I deactivated the existing Sample Proposal Workflow (available from EPT's page) and reactivate it and it's gone too!!! I can't select it anymore.

I've checked the ULS logs and nothing comes with more light.

Any idea???

THANKS!!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 10:41 PM

Answers

• Couple of things, you might wanna try

1. Retarct the solution using Power shell, make sure you execute the timer job (with STSADm we used -o execadmsvcjobs to do so) , add solution and then redeploy

2. Change the GUID which gets by default created by VS in Feature.template.xml file, and redeploy

Let me know if this helps 

Thanks | Sunil Kr Singh | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com
    Monday, May 16, 2011 8:03 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Some ideas for you to look at...

It sounds like the workflow feature didn't deploy correctly, when you are installing from Visual Studio, what is the feature that it says is missing?  I would have a look in the 14 hive and see if it actually deployed.

Did you follow the steps outlined in http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff459292.aspx for deployment?

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 11:52 PM
  • Hi Alexander,

Thanks for your reply

The missing feature is: 6f1a6dc2-fe04-4b27-a4bd-28e39aaecf56 (no name). This feature is not installed in the farm and I tried with other different custom solutions from Visual Studio, and I get always the same error (with different feature id's, none of them existing). I searched this ID in a previous environment where this workflow was working correctly and it's not there so it doesn't seem a code issue.

If I try to deploy it with PowerShell, the solutions is correctly added, deployed and activated. If i go to http://s-tmbshare01:81/pwa/_layouts/WrkSetng.aspx the workflow appears as workflow template but still not in EPT Workflow selection.

Ther Visual Studio error: Error occurred in deployment step 'Activate Features': Feature with Id 'd67567a3-4946-412f-9428-1ca6061a5189' is not installed in this farm, and cannot be added to this scope.

I can see the same error in the log:

Solution Deployment : Looking for 'ReceiverAssembly' attribute in manifest root node for solution 'branchingworkflow.wsp'.   

Solution Deployment : Looking for 'ReceiverClass' attribute in manifest root node for solution 'branchingworkflow.wsp'.     
    Solution Deployment : Missing one or more of the following attributes from the root node in solution branchingworkflow.wsp: assembly '', type ''.     
    [SERVICE] ProjectQueueService14: Getting list of Sites for ServiceApp: db5f45bc-3771-4aa3-b316-4ce14918c7cf     
    [SERVICE] ProjectQueueService14: Adding Site: ad6aeea1-0f82-4784-8273-fde6ae19d663 to sitelist for ServiceApp: db5f45bc-3771-4aa3b316-4ce14918c7cf     
    The configuration database was queried for a non-existent object with the id 6f1a6dc2-fe04-4b27-a4bd-28e39aaecf56. Most commonly, this is caused by removing an SPFeatureDefinition without writing upgrade code to remove references to the feature from each site.     
    Updating SPPersistedObject SPSolution Name=branchingworkflow.wsp. Version: -1 Ensure: False, HashCode: 37439881, Id: 6f1a6dc2-fe04-4b27-a4bd-28e39aaecf56, Stack:    at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPPersistedObject.BaseUpdate()     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPPersistedChildCollection`1.Add(T newObj, Boolean ensure)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPPersistedChildCollection`1.Add(T newObj)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSolutionCollection.Add(String path, String name, UInt32 lcid, Boolean isRestore)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSolutionCollection.Add(String path)     at Microsoft.VisualStudio.SharePoint.Commands.SolutionDeploymentManager.AddSolutionToFarm(String name, String solutionFilePath)     at Microsoft.VisualStudio.SharePoi...   

THANKS again 

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 7:42 AM
  • Is your WSP activated at the Site Collection feature level? go to WF settings to ensure it is as well
    Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 3:42 PM
  • Yes Christophe, it's activated at Site collection features level.
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 8:47 PM
  • Couple of things, you might wanna try

1. Retarct the solution using Power shell, make sure you execute the timer job (with STSADm we used -o execadmsvcjobs to do so) , add solution and then redeploy

2. Change the GUID which gets by default created by VS in Feature.template.xml file, and redeploy

Let me know if this helps 

Thanks | Sunil Kr Singh | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com
    Monday, May 16, 2011 8:03 AM