none
Add 2 minute delay to keyboard on computer start

Question

• Hello,
    I need   the syntax (and location in the registry) to add a 2   minute delay to the keyboard on every computer   startup.
    I am using windows 8.1
    The   reason for this is to prevent ALL/ANYONE from interrupting/disabling a batch   file that runs in the startup folder, so by adding a 2 minute delay to   keyboard input, they will not be able to use the keyboard to locate batch   file to disable or using task manager to go to start tab and disable.
    Please help.
    Thank you
    Marc
    • Moved by Just KarlModerator Thursday, August 4, 2016 1:57 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Thursday, August 4, 2016 1:43 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

The Windows Desktop Perfmon and Diagnostic tools forum is to discuss performance monitor (perfmon), resource monitor (resmon), and task manager, focusing on HOW-TO, Errors/Problems, and usage scenarios.

As the question is off topic here, I am moving it to the Where is the Forum... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Thursday, August 4, 2016 1:56 PM
  • Hello,

I do not think there is any such setting.

However, you might ask in the Windows 8.1 IT Pro forums.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Thursday, August 4, 2016 1:56 PM