none
Microsoft HPC Scheduler Session Exception RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

I tried to make a system for MS Windows HPC and faced the MS HPC Scheduler Session Exception.

Error message is "Failed to get job owner from the scheduler".

My system has two AD servers, two Head nodes, one Broker node, two MS SQL Servers and 3 Compute Nodes.

The weird thing is that they are working without error when I make one AD server, one Head Node, One Broker Node, one MS SQL Server and 3 Compute Nodes.

I attached the captured jpeg file.

I need your help.

Thank a lot.

YJ

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/getfile/954939
    Thursday, October 27, 2016 6:22 AM

All replies

• Hi Chris,

Could you give me more information on how you configured your "two AD, SQL and HeadNode" and how they are connected together?.

And I can't see the attached file either.

Qiufang Shi

Friday, October 28, 2016 12:55 AM
  • Hi chrisjionpapa,

The SessionException with message "Failed to get job owner from the scheduler" is thrown by the broker worker on the broker node when it tries to connect to the session service on the head node to obtain the job owner info of the SOA session. Usually, this is caused by the connection issue between the broker node and the head node, especially in the HA environment where the virtual head node name is the virtual file server name in the failover cluster. You may simply ping the virtual cluster name from the broker node to see if the network is configured OK.

Regards,

Yutong Sun

Friday, October 28, 2016 4:33 AM