PC blocked - Windows not Genuine RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I have a few PCs in a corporate environment which are activated by KMS. When the PC has started it shows a "windows is not genuine" message and it seems to block everything there is no network access and it doesn't recognise USB drives being connected and I cant get into the event viewer or get elevated rights as "the service is not started". There was no warning before this happened.  Is there anything I can do to find out what the problem is and / or fix it without doing a total rebuild? Thanks in advance for any help. 

Alex

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 8:56 AM

Answers

• That behavior is not due to a not genuine notice, The notice is likely a result of your issues, not the cause. I see you have posted on the technet forums where you will get better help. That is what I was going to recommend. 
    Wednesday, August 8, 2012 1:09 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• windows operates pretty much normally with a not genuine notice. I suspect the notice is due too other issues you are having.

MGA Diagnostic Report:

To properly analyze and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the diagnostic report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )

Once downloaded, run the tool.

Click on the Continue button, after a short time, the Continue button will change to a Copy button.

Click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your post.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 11:40 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi George, 

I would but I can't download anything (no network - service can't be started) and wont recognise a new usb connection.  This is the back screen and its a popup with the not genuine notice, not the one in the bottom part of the screen. I suspect its past it's grace period. 

thanks

Alex

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 12:45 PM
  • That behavior is not due to a not genuine notice, The notice is likely a result of your issues, not the cause. I see you have posted on the technet forums where you will get better help. That is what I was going to recommend. 
    Wednesday, August 8, 2012 1:09 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks George.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 1:59 PM