Monitor connectivity ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I must admit i'm not quite familiar with Windows 2003 server. However with the Windows Home Server variant I'd have expected Microsoft to offer a kind of network monitor so one knows who is remotely connected to the server and what kind of activity is going between the server and its clients. Is this possible (and very well hidden) ?

Thanks,

Julien

Tuesday, March 13, 2007 8:54 PM

Answers

• In beta 2 there isn't currently a tool that will inform you who is connected to you Windows Home Server.  You can make it a feature request on Microsoft Connect and get others to vote on it.
    Tuesday, March 13, 2007 11:13 PM

All replies

• In beta 2 there isn't currently a tool that will inform you who is connected to you Windows Home Server.  You can make it a feature request on Microsoft Connect and get others to vote on it.
    Tuesday, March 13, 2007 11:13 PM
  • Very basic info if you need to toubleshoot: RDP into server, Start, My Computer, right-click and Manage. In Comp Management tool look at System Tools, Shared Folders, sessions. Shows who, IP, files open and connection/duration times.

Can do same from client as comp management tool can connect to another machine.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007 11:32 PM