Help Needed: New WHS Platorm, Need to build a new large storage size WHS RRS feed

• Question

• Well, I have had my HP MediaSmart Server now for a year and a half and it has served me well, I have recently moved to using My Movies in a big way, and it is great, but unfortunately my server is maxed. I have 8Tb of storage connected to the server and I am out of space.

I want to build a new platform that has room for what I need now as well as room for expansion.

Ideally I want something like a Niveus Cargo Server. Something I can easily do 32Tb of storage in the one unit. A cargo would be great, 16 drives, 18 inches deep and 3U high, but it does not seem to be openly available and I am sure Niveus charge a fortune thru their channel.

Do any of you guys have recommendations on a server platform I can build myself that I would eventually grow to this capacity that is on the market?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

thanks

Paul
    Saturday, March 14, 2009 10:42 PM

All replies

• Take a look at the Norco RPC-4020 case. You can add whatever mobo you want (get one with a lot of SATA ports), add a some SATA cards and you'll have a 21 drive WHS.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811219021&nm_mc=KNC-YahooSSP&cm_mmc=KNC-YahooSSP-_-Server+-+Chassis-_-Norco+Technologies+Inc.-_-11219021

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." -- Thomas Paine
    Saturday, March 14, 2009 11:48 PM