passing the password to sql database RRS feed

• Question

• I am new to this program but I am using crystal reports with visual studio 2010 and i cannot seem to get the program to pass the password to access the data. I can see the password in the connection string but it still comes up and asks for the password. it is a sql 2005 database.
    • Moved by Mike Dos Zhang Saturday, October 22, 2011 4:35 AM the information provided is not enough to let us know which forum it should be in, but at least it is not a visual studio debugger problem (From:Visual Studio Debugger)
    Friday, October 14, 2011 9:02 PM

Answers

• Commonly, it will show us the error that the connection cannot be open, I have no heard that it will ask you for the password? Do you mean you create a custom action to do this?

And I think you're using another connection string in your code, so that they have no the correct information.

I think it is better to provide the Visual Studio Solution package and the database file(copy out after detach it form your Sql Server) through the sky driver, and then share the download link in your post.

Otherwise, it is hard to guess out the root cause or give you opinions to solve it.

If there's any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best wishes,

Mike [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, October 17, 2011 4:10 PM

All replies

• Commonly, it will show us the error that the connection cannot be open, I have no heard that it will ask you for the password? Do you mean you create a custom action to do this?

And I think you're using another connection string in your code, so that they have no the correct information.

I think it is better to provide the Visual Studio Solution package and the database file(copy out after detach it form your Sql Server) through the sky driver, and then share the download link in your post.

Otherwise, it is hard to guess out the root cause or give you opinions to solve it.

If there's any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best wishes,

Mike [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, October 17, 2011 4:10 PM
  • I am writing to check the status of the issue on your side. 
    What about this problem now? 
    Would you mind letting us know the result of the suggestions?
    This is not like a Visual Studio Debugger scope problem. Can you provide more information about your project? So that we can move this thread to the more suitable forum.

Mike [MSFT]

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 9:34 AM