Possible "Microsoft Access" Provider. RRS feed

• Question

• I don't know if I am skilled enough to write my own provider for the Sync Framework to sync to a plain Microsoft Access Database, or not.  I did notice the documentation that was just released a little over a week ago to assist in this endevour at:

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ProjectName=sync&ReleaseId=949

But my question is... Liam, do you or anyone on your team plan on releasing something like this in a future version?  It just seems logical to me that this would be a natural thing to consider.  Next to mobil syncronization, alot of people out there take their Access Databases offline (because they can easily use a front end form in Access).   If you guys were to provide one in the near future, I definately wouldn't want to spend the time trying to do this on my end.

Thanks very much, I really enjoy this product and we have many uses for it.

Warm Regards

Matthew Workman.

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Monday, April 18, 2011 10:33 PM Forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Feedback [ReadOnly])
    Friday, May 2, 2008 3:51 PM

Answers

• Hi Matthew,

I can not say that we have any short term plans to release an actual Access database provider, but I will admit that this has been a fairly frequent request that we have had.  In fact, if you take a look at one of our MIX 2008 presentations, synchronizing between Access, SQL Server Data Services and Outlook was shown (and was very popular).

http://blogs.msdn.com/sync/archive/2008/03/12/sync-to-the-web-enable-offline-access-of-web-data-in-any-data-store.aspx

I am still hoping to put this sample together and upload it to the Code Gallery.  However I am not sure I will be able to get to this for the next two weeks. 

If you would like to email me I could see if I can provide you with a pre-release version as soon as I can (FirstName.LastName@microsoft.com)

Liam Cavanagh

Friday, May 2, 2008 6:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Matthew,

I can not say that we have any short term plans to release an actual Access database provider, but I will admit that this has been a fairly frequent request that we have had.  In fact, if you take a look at one of our MIX 2008 presentations, synchronizing between Access, SQL Server Data Services and Outlook was shown (and was very popular).

http://blogs.msdn.com/sync/archive/2008/03/12/sync-to-the-web-enable-offline-access-of-web-data-in-any-data-store.aspx

I am still hoping to put this sample together and upload it to the Code Gallery.  However I am not sure I will be able to get to this for the next two weeks. 

If you would like to email me I could see if I can provide you with a pre-release version as soon as I can (FirstName.LastName@microsoft.com)

Liam Cavanagh

Friday, May 2, 2008 6:33 PM
  • Liam,

A year have been past, now, can you tell me that Microsoft has the plan to release Access Database Provider? or has already released the important provider?

These days,  I also encounter the same question with Hexane, so I hope I can hear your clear answer soon.

Bill Chen
    Wednesday, February 4, 2009 2:07 AM