Tanjay (CX700) issues and observations RRS feed

• Question

• Since upgrading to current software on the CX700, it can no longer communicate with Exchange UM - worked fine prior and currently works fine with OCS
    • Our users have reported speakerphone functionality to be worse than the old PBX phones these devices replaced when used with 2-3 people...are there any external microsoft accessories possible via USB?
    • Our users have asked for the ability to make calls on their PC and use the Tanjay like a Catalina...since there is a USB client port on the device we hoped this would be possible - coming?

We're running on a Windows 2003 native domain with internal CA structure...

Any ideas or thoughts welcome.

-trevor

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 4:20 PM

All replies

• Regarding the first point: are you using Exchange 2007 SP UM? This is the only supported version of Exchange 2007 UM together with OCS 2007. What symptoms do you see? Can't connect? Can connect, but no audio? Works on the internal LAN? Does not work on Internet?

best regards

Jens

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 6:58 PM
  • Running Exchange 2007 sp1 rtm - UM functionality works fine with MOC clients.  The CX700 device works just fine with OCS generally.

When calling someone and forwarded to UM we get the following error on the Tanjay device:

The requested type of content encryption is not supported.

I have a separate posting on this issue here along with someone else.

http://forums.microsoft.com/unifiedcommunications/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2384848&SiteID=57

Problem is...anything I can think of wouldn't just affect the Tanjay - it would affect all access.  This is on the current software of the Tanjay, previous versions connected to Exchange without issue.

-trevor

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 7:06 PM
  • It is probably the UM dial plan security setting. It needs to be SIP secured or Secured.

For more info see here http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb676409.aspx

best regards

Jens

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 7:38 PM
  • The dial plan is set as SIP Secured per the documentation.  There are no issues between OCS or our Mediation Server in talking to Exchange.  Exchange is currently serving as the Auto-Attendant into one of our sites without issue.

Can the dial plan be safely changed to "Secured" instead as a troubleshooting measure?  Will this have any direct downstream impact?

-trevor

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 10:33 PM
  • I believe the documentation is a bit misleading here. I'll follow-up internally. SIP Secured means that only the signalling is secured, while Secured means that both signalling and media are secured. The Office Communicator Phone Edition also needs the media secured, so please change the UM dial plan to Secured. Since the dial plan is only used in the OCS environment it should not have an impact, but please test :-)

best regards

Jens

Thursday, December 6, 2007 8:46 AM
  • We opened a PSS case for this and that change indeed fixed it. 

Now I just need a trick to get the USB client port working and a way to wall mount and I'm good!

-trevor

Friday, December 7, 2007 9:25 PM
  • I'm bumping this to the top...the more I think about it the more amazed I am that the Tanjay doesn't support RCC through MOC when MOC can do RCC to non-OCS devices!

I would seem to be the easiest way would be to allow the Tanjay (CX700) to act as a Catalina device via USB but this doesn't work.

Anyone have a suggestion on how to get RCC to the Tanjay?  User would like to place calls in MOC and use his Tanjay for voice which seems very reasonable.  Seems silly I have to put both a Tanjay and Catalina on his desk!

-trevor

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 3:39 PM