Product key RRS feed

• Question

• My window 7 Home premium crashed, then went into full recovery mode. It installed a whole new windows 7. No! I did not back up my files :(

When I go into Micro soft word or Office, It keeps on wanting me to entry the product code, which it will not accept the original code.

I didn't receive an email from Microsoft with the new code after recovery mode re-installed Windows 7 Home premium.

How can I go about to fix this issue?

Thank you

Bella mia 

• Edited by Bella Mia Monday, December 16, 2013 7:12 AM
    Monday, December 16, 2013 7:10 AM

Answers

• Hi.

If you had purchased the full version of Office with your computer, you should have also received the activation key with the Windows key. Both are likely printed on separate pieces of paper.

If you had purchased it after you bought your computer, the CD should have included a key.

You will not receive any new keys from Microsoft for Office. Instead, your installation will try to contact Microsoft's servers and try to activate.

Since you had a legal copy of Office registered in your name, your best bet may be to call Microsoft to get your key. They can look you up in their database. Contact information should be offered on the activation screen.

Good luck!

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson

Monday, December 16, 2013 12:46 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Which version of office do you use ? 

If the latest version i guess logging into the your Microsoft account from office will solve this issue. 

Monday, December 16, 2013 7:21 AM
  • Hi.

If you had purchased the full version of Office with your computer, you should have also received the activation key with the Windows key. Both are likely printed on separate pieces of paper.

If you had purchased it after you bought your computer, the CD should have included a key.

You will not receive any new keys from Microsoft for Office. Instead, your installation will try to contact Microsoft's servers and try to activate.

Since you had a legal copy of Office registered in your name, your best bet may be to call Microsoft to get your key. They can look you up in their database. Contact information should be offered on the activation screen.

Good luck!

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson

Monday, December 16, 2013 12:46 PM
    Answerer
  • One more thing....did ya notice this is the "Training and Certification" forum?
    Monday, December 16, 2013 2:27 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Charles, you are right this quesion does not belong in this forum but it was already answered before I could move it to the correct forum :-)

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

MCSE:Server Infrastructure, MCSE:Desktop Infrastructure, MCSA Server 2012, Citrix CCIA & CCEE, Cisco CCNA, VMware VCP 3/4/5 Twitter: @dnyvandam http://www.dannyvandam.net

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 10:38 AM
    Answerer