none
Windows 10 print issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In windows 7 and windows 10 setup, user (who is not admin) with which our application is running does not have permission for C:\Temp directory.

However, in windows 7 we were able to print files to printer. In windows 10, when we print as PDF (Microsoft Print as PDF)  either file is not created in output path or is of 0 bytes. When we send files to printer , no print jobs are seen

When i add my user with full permission to %TEMP% directory, print is working in windows 10.

When i print from Notepad.exe which is running as our user, print is working but when i print from regedit.exe , print issue is seen.

Both system and user environment variables %TEMP% and %TMP% are pointing to C:\Temp in win 7 and 10

Only when we print from admin account, it is working (as admin has full permissions on %TEMP% folder)

Please let us know what could be cause for this behavior change in windows 10.

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 6:21 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

you are in the wrong forum. This forum is dealing with self developed software in Visual Studio C++.

You should ask here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/forum/windows_10

Regards, Guido

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 8:00 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks for posting here.

>>Windows 10 print issue

This forum is about VC++ development, and your issue is not related to it, so I will move this thread to Where is the Forum for...? forum to redirect it. After that, you could post your issue on the corresponding forum for the better support.

Your understanding and cooperation will be grateful.

Best Wishes,

Jack Zhang

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 8:12 AM
  • Thanks, I have posted in Windows 10 forum suggested.
    Thursday, April 4, 2019 3:54 AM