External record synchronisation with CRM

Question

• We have a large number of customer records that needs to be kept in sync with a CRM 2011 implementation.

On average we have 40,000 reasonably complex records (name, contact details, address, usage data etc) that change every 15 minutes with infrequent peaks of up to 750,000 changes. The information is external to the CRM application and needs to be kept synchronised with it.

Could you let me know the best approach to achieve this please?

Monday, September 09, 2013 5:36 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you using OnLine or OnPrem?

For OnLine, the fastest way to sync I've seen is to use Simego - http://www.simego.com/Blog/2013/05/How-to-insert-a-large-amount-of-records-into-Dynamics-CRM-Online

They do some very clever optimisations to make the sync process as fast as possible.

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Monday, September 09, 2013 7:43 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

Would you please confirm the system in which you storing customers and want to synchronize with CRM?

You can create console application and schedule it to run after every 2-3 hours or every night. This will run and will read the customer from the System and will synch CRM Customers.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Monday, September 09, 2013 8:49 AM
  • Hi Scott

We are making use of a OnPremise 2011 CRM Implementation. That’s for the link I’ll have a look at Simego.

Kind regards

Andre

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 11:33 PM
  • Hi Andre,

Great - let us know how you get on!

Cheers,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Thursday, September 12, 2013 7:48 AM
    Answerer