Mesh keeps "adding mobile phone to live mesh..." every time I start the mobile application RRS feed

• General discussion

• Mesh keeps "adding mobile phone to live mesh..." every time I start the mobile application.  It also shows the "Welcome!" screen and tells me that pictures in the folder \my documents\my pictures will be synchronizes.  I click continue, and all of my mesh folders are still there and still synchronized, but this is annoying.

How can I get it to stop doing this?  (I have tried reinstalling but this does not help).

I am using a stock Sprint Touch Pro with winmo 6.1.

Thanks for any help.

Bug report here:
    https://connect.microsoft.com/LiveMesh/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=457705
    Monday, May 25, 2009 12:38 PM

All replies

• Thanks for your post and a big thanks for submitting a bug with logs!  We're currently investigating your logs and as soon as there is additional information we'll share it with you.
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 6:05 PM
  • I'm having the exact same problem with an HTC (AT&T) Tilt2 running Windows Mobile 6.5.
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 5:15 PM
  • I'm having the exact same problem with an HTC (AT&T) Tilt2 running Windows Mobile 6.5.

I suspect that we need a new client for WinMo 6.5.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 5:35 PM
  • And, by the way, how do you live the Tilt2? That's the new one, right? I am trying to decide between it, the other new HTC that was launched on AT&T with 6.5 (forget the name) or the HD in the future, assuming it comes to AT&T.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 5:36 PM
  • And, by the way, how do you live the Tilt2? That's the new one, right? I am trying to decide between it, the other new HTC that was launched on AT&T with 6.5 (forget the name) or the HD in the future, assuming it comes to AT&T.
    -steve

The Tilt2 is available now through AT&T Premier (basically their business division); it should appear in regular channels over the next couple of days. The other one you're probably thinking of is the Pure; similar to the Tilt2 but lacks the keyboard. The Tilt2 is by far the best WinMo device I've ever used. It's quick and everything just works (well, except for the Live Mesh issue).
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 4:56 PM
  • Thanks, dagordon. I'll have to check them both out. I'm happy with my old 8525, but it is old and heavy. :-)
    -steve
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 7:28 PM
  • FWIW, I'm able to reproduce this problem on a different Tilt2 fresh from AT&T (so it's not the particular one I was using).
    Friday, October 16, 2009 9:44 PM
  • Yes, there is a problem with the current Live Mesh mobile client and the newer HTC devices - it isn't a problem with 6.5, but with the HTC image or software. It will require a client update, which I don't expect to see for a while, to resolve.
    -steve
    Saturday, October 17, 2009 1:01 AM