none
Error deploying UWP app to XBox One - DEP6960: Source file does not exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Bin\x64\XamlDiagnostics\XamlDiagnostics.dll RRS feed

• Question

• I have successfully deployed Xamarin Forms UWP apps to XBox One approximately six months ago ; however after updating to the latest XBox One QFE release and updating Visual Studio 2017 Professional to the latest versions, I always get the following error when attempting to deploy my UWP application to the XBox One:

DEP6960: Source file does not exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Bin\x64\XamlDiagnostics\XamlDiagnostics.dll'

I can not find this file on my development machine, and have re-installed the Windows 10 SDK and Visual Studio several times.

I have also tried deploying a release x64 build but still receive the same error.

Any Internet searches I do on the XamlDiagnostics.dll file result in either advertisements or a reference to my same question I've already asked on a community forum.

Any help would be appreciated!

By the way, the Xamarin Forms UWP app deploys and runs just fine on Android , iOS, and UWP on my development PC.

Thanks!

• Moved by Barry Wang Monday, September 3, 2018 5:43 AM
    Friday, August 31, 2018 2:12 AM

All replies

• Hello Mike,

Please post your Xamarin related deployment questions to Xamarin official forum directly. 

Best regards,

Barry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 3, 2018 5:43 AM
  • Hello,

While it seems plausible that this issue is  Xamarin-specific, taking your response into account I just re-tested with a Non-Xamarin UWP Project and still receive the same result:

DEP6960: Source file does not exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Bin\x64\XamlDiagnostics\XamlDiagnostics.dll

Therefore I do not believe this is a Xamarin-specific issue.

Nevertheless I will cross-post this issue to the official Xamarin forum as well as others using Xamarin Forms to create UWP apps may have encountered the same problem. I will also try to find an XBox forum that may be appropriate as well.

Thank you for your efforts in helping me resolve this issue.

Monday, September 3, 2018 10:34 PM
  • @Mike,

Some suggestions for you if your UWP app also meet this issue. 

1. Try Update your XBOX to the latest system with all patches installed. Normally the deployment of UWP app to machine should works. If it does not work and you haven't done anything during this period, I believe the most possible thing is related to the system itself. 

2. Try repair your Windows SDK on your dev machine. Actually the source file should exist for debugging. If it is not there, it might be helpful if you repair your Windows 10 SDK. 

If it still does not work, try send the feedback directly from Feedback Hub tool. 

Best regards,

Barry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 4, 2018 5:59 AM