Windows 10 connector and windows 10 patches RRS feed

• Question

• Where does Microsoft publish a set of directions, hotfixes, and downloads necessary to keep latest Windows 10 working with WHS 2011?
    Friday, February 17, 2017 3:36 PM

All replies

• It doesn't as such as far as I am aware, particularly as WHS 2011 is no longer supported.

WHS with all updates and W10 1607 with latest updates works fine.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Friday, February 17, 2017 4:26 PM
  • Hi,

Windows 10 is supported on WHS 2011. And there is no such “necessary”/pre-require update as you mentioned. 

As blog “Client Connector availability with Windows Home Server, Small Business Server and Windows Server Essentials for Supported Client OS” mentioned:
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/sbs/2015/11/17/client-connector-availability-with-windows-home-server-small-business-server-and-windows-server-essentials-for-supported-client-os/

However, it is recommended to make sure that both WHS and Windows 10 has been fully patched with Windows Update/Hotfix, just using system build-in Windows Update, it would be helpful for resolving some known issues and improving the performance. 

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 20, 2017 7:05 AM
  • Server and client are both up to date. Serving files works fine, but backup stops at 1% then fails.
    Client is Win 10 Pro 1607, Build 14393.
    Same for my wife's laptop which is Win 10 Home, same build.
    Server says it is a client error and to check event log.
    Client event log:
    Backup job 13 on FALLSSTSERVER did not succeed.  Reason: ClientVssProblem, System.String[]
    And:
    Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error querying for the IVssWriterCallback interface.  hr = 0x80070005, Access is denied.
    . This is often caused by incorrect security settings in either the writer or requestor process.
    Operation:
    Gathering Writer Data

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 8:27 PM
  • Wednesday, February 22, 2017 6:40 PM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 27, 2017 3:24 AM