CRM 4.0 Reports not render for a specific user only RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have a very “strange” situation here. In a CRM 4.0 on-premise implementation with two machines (one CRM server and one DB and SSRS server) one specific user is not able to run reports properly. Although this user has a system administrator role over the root business unit and he runs the application web client, seeing data without any problem, when he tries to run any report the system initially delays to render the report GUI, then the parameters display correctly and work over parameters’ dataset queries but after executing the report it runs infinitive without receiving any error or request timeout. Keep in mind that these reports have been tested and work fast enough for all other users.

I configured the client (IE9) again, but nothing. The client works fine when a user with different credentials is using it. Moreover, even if the user login remotely to the CRM server he has the same problem.

I thought that the problem was on CRM database, so I recreate the CRM user (change the previous domain name (and AD GUID) in CRM to a dummy AD account and create a new user record in CRM) but the problem remains.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Costas

Friday, August 26, 2011 9:34 AM

All replies

• try to manually add the user to ReportingGroup[GUID] and PrivReportingGroup[GUID] in Active directory under the OU of CRM
    Monday, August 29, 2011 10:20 AM
  • Thank you Andrea. I have already tried this solution without success...
    Costas
    Tuesday, August 30, 2011 9:14 PM