none
Procedure of rebranding a company - IT Infrastructure

Question

• Hi,

Please advise us the complete IT Infrastructure re-branding procedure, that we would require to do.

Our existing IT infrastructure details listed below:

Active Directory (sample domain name: abc.com) with Exchange 2013 (2 Mailbox /CA Server configured with HA), VMWare ESxi 6.0 (2 Host configured as HA).

so we need to change the existing domain name (abc.com) to new name (xyz.com).

Kindly suggest how we can do this.

Any advice will be very much appreciate.

Thanks & Regards,

SAMED

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Friday, October 30, 2015 5:18 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Thursday, October 29, 2015 8:36 AM

Answers

• Hi Friends,

As part of the company re-branding we have exchange 2013 so we can't go with AD Domain Rename (http://www.rebeladmin.com/2015/05/step-by-step-guide-to-rename-active-directory-domain-name/), so we are planning to create a new forest and to move users mailbox one by one. 

But in our existing AD all users have lots of mapped network drives, Roaming profile and Group Policy settings, so we need to maintain these on new forest also, is there any way to do this.

Regards,

SAMED

For this one I'd ask over here.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?forum=winservergen%2CwinserverDS&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by Mike Laughlin Tuesday, November 10, 2015 1:03 PM
    • Marked as answer by ASAMEDT Wednesday, November 11, 2015 4:18 AM
    Tuesday, November 10, 2015 5:34 AM

All replies

• Hi Thanks for your valuable advice.

As per Mr. Dishan M. Francis Article Exchange 2013 not support the AD rename activity, but in our case we have exchange 2013 Mail servers we need to rename all email id's also.

Kindly advice.

Thursday, October 29, 2015 3:00 PM
  • Hello,

The TechNet Wiki Discussion Forum is a place for the TechNet Wiki Community to engage, question, organize, debate, help, influence and foster the TechNet Wiki content, platform and Community.

Please note that this forum exists to discuss TechNet Wiki as a technology/application.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Friday, October 30, 2015 5:14 PM
  • Hello,

For the Exchange questions, I'd ask in the Exchange Server 2013 forums.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

• Proposed as answer by Mike Laughlin Friday, October 30, 2015 5:24 PM
    Friday, October 30, 2015 5:18 PM
  • Hi,

Noted, Thanks a lot for your valuable advice and support.

Regards,

SAMED

Sunday, November 1, 2015 6:02 AM
  • Hi Friends,

As part of the company re-branding we have exchange 2013 so we can't go with AD Domain Rename (http://www.rebeladmin.com/2015/05/step-by-step-guide-to-rename-active-directory-domain-name/), so we are planning to create a new forest and to move users mailbox one by one. 

But in our existing AD all users have lots of mapped network drives, Roaming profile and Group Policy settings, so we need to maintain these on new forest also, is there any way to do this.

Regards,

SAMED

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 5:18 AM
  • Hi Friends,

Regards,

SAMED

For this one I'd ask over here.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?forum=winservergen%2CwinserverDS&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by Mike Laughlin Tuesday, November 10, 2015 1:03 PM
    • Marked as answer by ASAMEDT Wednesday, November 11, 2015 4:18 AM
    Tuesday, November 10, 2015 5:34 AM