none
social.msdn:microsoft.com?

General discussion

• Is it my imagination, or is there a request somewhere for social.msdn:microsoft.com? I keep seeing that request in my status, but don't know where the code is, or how it could possibly resolve.

It doesn't seem to be causing any issue. Just a curiosity perhaps.
    Friday, July 24, 2009 3:05 PM

All replies

• I keep seeing that request in my status

Hi Brian,

Can you elaborate on this?
    STO Forums Test Lead
    Friday, July 24, 2009 3:59 PM
  • A colon in between "msdn" and "microsoft". status=statusbar. Sorry about that. I'll correct the typo. (Can't edit the post. No button.)

Basically, sometimes on a page reload i peak at the statusbar to see what is being a problem. Sometimes i'll see a colon in middle of a URL and do a double-take because colon is a port specifier not a domain delimiter. I looked at the source and didn't see it, so i thought i'd mention it.

If you need more detail, i could try to get a screen shot if i see it again.
    Friday, July 24, 2009 4:47 PM
  • Forget it. I just found out what it was.

I had a piece of dirt on the screen in just the right spot. So *sometimes* it appeared over the dot between "msdn" and "microsoft" so it looked like a colon.

I'm so embarrassed.
    Friday, July 24, 2009 4:52 PM
  • No worries. Better that than an actual bug in our page properties :)
    STO Forums Test Lead
    Friday, July 24, 2009 7:47 PM
  • Don't feel too embarrassed, I have seen bugs logged in systems for screen smudges before....happens from time to time.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Friday, July 24, 2009 8:00 PM
  • Heh. Yep.

It's why i was so skeptical at first. It just didn't make any sense.
    Monday, July 27, 2009 12:39 PM
  • Heh.

Care to share those reports? Or rather i should ask, are they worth the occasional chuckle? :)
    Monday, July 27, 2009 12:39 PM