none
Server Side Event Handler

Pertanyaan

• Is Server side event handlers strictly confined to the PWA and Is any code implement onPublishing or onUndating events triggered in the Project professional Client? I want to do a validation on the project before updating the project and want to give the end user a message on the Validation result. 

I know we can write up an add-in to do the validation , however due to deployment constrains I want to manage this functionality from the server. Again the end users are using Project professional 2010  client and not the PWA. thanks 

Simi
    Selasa, 21 Juni 2011 05.38

Semua Balasan

• Yes, PSI event handlers are for Server only. They have no effect on Project Professional. If you want to warn the user about something in Project Pro, you either need an Add-in, or a VBA macro.

The VBA Macro can be stored in the Enterprise Global file and so made available to all Project Pro users connected to your Project Server. This makes it easy to deploy.

Rod Gill

The one and only Project VBA Book Rod Gill Project Management
    Selasa, 21 Juni 2011 07.08
  • Thanks Rod for the quick reply.  I not very experienced with having to call webservice thru VBA. My code is as below. can you advice if there is anything else i need to do on the client machine. this code seems to be working on my machine but not on my colleagues computer.

Like you said , i published this code in the Enterprise Global File and i checked to see if the code is available on the Other Client Computer. 

Private Const c_WSDL_URL As String = "http://servername/serviceName.svc?wsdl"

Public Sub CallWebService(workRef As String, tk As Task)

On Error GoTo Err_CallWebService

Dim oClient As SoapClient30

Set oClient = New SoapClient30

Dim iresult As Boolean

oClient.mssoapinit c_WSDL_URL

iresult = oClient.MethodName(workRef)

If iresult = False Then

tk.Flag1 = False

SelectRow Row:=tk.ID, RowRelative:=False

Font Color:=pjRed

Else

SelectRow Row:=tk.ID, RowRelative:=False

Font Color:=pjBlack

tk.Flag1 = True

End If

Set oClient = Nothing

Exit Sub

Err_CallWebService:

MsgBox ("Error on : " & workRef & " " & Err.Description)

End Sub

Simi
    Selasa, 21 Juni 2011 12.30
  • Hi Rod,

Few events like OnPublishing,OnPublished,OnCheckin,OnDeleting do work from MPP also.

Isn't there a way I can use Project Server events to check the updates in my Project Tasks and perform cancelling of the event if it doesn't match few conditions?

Regards

Agasthya

agasthya

Senin, 04 Juni 2018 13.29