none
.NET Instrumentation - Call to Custom Assembly Fails - COR PROFILER

Pertanyaan

• I am trying to deploy my .NET Instrumentation profiler into Azure web apps. Using COR_PROFILER_32 and *_64 and COR_PROFILING_ENABLED i am enabling my profiler in Azure web app. 

My profiler will instrument codes into all the modules including .NET Framework modules. (such as System.dll , System.Core.dll.. etc.) and even in user modules too. The instrumented code will call functions that are defined in a separate assembly "CAssemblyHelper.dll" which is "Any CPU" built. 

The issue here is , when my instrumented code is getting called there is a "FileNotFoundException" happening with error message. 

The blacked out is the assembly name CAssemblyHelper.dll that i am referring to. The assembly is not having any dependencies. I have probed the location of the dll in the web config file. 

<runtime>
        <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
          <probing privatePath="bin;PrivateFolder"/>

</assemblyBinding>
      </runtime>

How to resolve this error..! I am using DefineAssemblyRef in IMetaDataAssemblyEmit to define the assembly in the Modules. In the normal IIS server machine , the CAssembly helper will be installed in GAC, and everything was working perfectly. While trying in Azure the problem comes.! 

Senin, 23 Juli 2018 12.54

Semua Balasan

• Hi Selva VS,

Since your question is more related to Azure web, you could post a new thread in Azure and ASP.NET forum for suitable support.

https://forums.asp.net/1247.aspx/1?Azure+and+ASP+NET

The CLR Forum discuss and ask questions about .NET Framework Base Classes (BCL) such as Collections, I/O, Regigistry, Globalization, Reflection. Also discuss all the other Microsoft libraries that are built on or extend the .NET Framework, including Managed Extensibility Framework (MEF), Charting Controls, CardSpace, Windows Identity Foundation (WIF), Point of Sale (POS), Transactions.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Selasa, 24 Juli 2018 06.19
  • This also deals with .NET Byte code Instrumentation...
    Selasa, 24 Juli 2018 08.53