none
what is Project Baseline and Assignment Baseline

Pertanyaan

• Hi All,

There is two Baseline in the Project, I can under the Project Baseline but how can I calculate Assignment Baseline? thanks.

Senin, 11 Juni 2018 15.37

Jawaban

• The Project Baseline Work is the baseline work on the Project Summary Task (task 0). Ultimately it is the sum of all of the Assignment work (assuming you have assignments).  In your image above, the assignment baseline work is the work for joe, tom, bill and bob (which you are not displaying, but you are displaying the assignmentbaselinecost, even though it is just showing as Baseline Cost)

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

• Ditandai sebagai Jawaban oleh SamDany Minggu, 24 Juni 2018 04.49
    Selasa, 12 Juni 2018 11.07

Semua Balasan

• SamDany,

Your post is confusing. For example, what are the "two Baselines"?

When you set a baseline Poject saves baseline information for tasks, resources and assignments so what exactly are you trying to calculate? For example, in the screen shot below, task c has two assignments, bill and bob. When I saved a baseline Project saved the data for each assigned resource.

John

Senin, 11 Juni 2018 17.12
  • Hi John,Thanks for your response.

Actually I am trying to understand how they calculate Planned % in SSRS report

(SUM([AssignmentBaseline0Work])/[ProjectBaseline0Work])*100 as plannedComplete
    I know that [ProjectBaseline0Work] is Baseline Work but I don't know what is [AssignmentBaseline0Work]. Any suggestions? thanks.

Selasa, 12 Juni 2018 09.11
  • The Project Baseline Work is the baseline work on the Project Summary Task (task 0). Ultimately it is the sum of all of the Assignment work (assuming you have assignments).  In your image above, the assignment baseline work is the work for joe, tom, bill and bob (which you are not displaying, but you are displaying the assignmentbaselinecost, even though it is just showing as Baseline Cost)

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

• Ditandai sebagai Jawaban oleh SamDany Minggu, 24 Juni 2018 04.49
    Selasa, 12 Juni 2018 11.07
  • Sam,

It looks like Ben gave a good explanation. Did that answer your question? If so, give him the credit. If not, what additional information do you need?

John

Selasa, 12 Juni 2018 15.33