none
Making changes on a schedule

Pertanyaan

• I am altering dates; but noticed that my duration, and whole duration (customized column), does not change. Please advise.
    Jumat, 06 Juli 2018 11.25

Semua Balasan

• chukajr,

When you directly enter start/finish dates (not "Actual Start" or "Actual Finish"), Project's response depends on whether the task is Automatically Scheduled or Manually Scheduled.

In logic-driven (i.e. automatic) scheduling, Start and Finish dates are Outputs, not Inputs.  Instead of completely blocking your attempted inputs, however, Project will try to interpret your entries and replace them as follows:

1. Generate a SNET or FNET (Start/Finish No Earlier Than) constraint matching the date you've entered, if none already exists, leaving the duration unchanged.

2. If a SNET/FNET constraint already exists, replace it with a new constraint matching the new date, then adjust the duration to keep the opposite (now unconstrained) end of the task where it was before your entry.

3. If a different constraint exists, highlight the conflict and give you options. 

In Manual scheduling, changing the dates should change the durations, though my experience with Manually Scheduled tasks is limited.   

Jumat, 06 Juli 2018 12.48