none
Filters

Pertanyaan

• I have written code to import from excel to active project the new imported task have a blank in activeproject to be assigned by scheduler. I want to sort by resource already assigned and then by start; Also have the new blank resource task at the bottom not at the top.  Can I code a filter like described above with application.Sort()?
    Senin, 11 Juni 2018 15.56

Semua Balasan

• mainepaine,

What you're after is a little confusing. In the first part you talk about sorting but then you talk about coding a filter. Sorting and filtering are two different things.

If you want tasks with no resources assigned to appear at the bottom, then select "descending order" for the Resource Names field.

Hope this helps.

By the way, I never saw feedback to my answer on you recent DateTime C# question. Did it work?

John

Senin, 11 Juni 2018 19.35
  • You are right it is confusing. I have written code to import from Excel and place task in active project. The existing task are all assigned resources and considered to be a work in progress.

When the new task come in from Excel they are placed at the bottom of the list. I want to sort by Resource Name, then by Start and then by Text2. The new resources are blank, they end up at the top of the list not the bottom. We would like to have the blank resource at the bottom. Descending reverse the work in progress list.

Senin, 11 Juni 2018 19.47
  • mainepaine,

It's still not clear what you are trying to show or accomplish. I can somewhat understand sorting by Resource Names and Start but what data does the Text2 field add? Perhaps a mock up or screen shot would explain it better.

And what's the issue with the "progress list"?

John

Senin, 11 Juni 2018 23.03