none
ability to view or export project timephased work/cost according to a specific accounting calendar

Pertanyaan

• Rod, I've got a group that is using MS Project 2010 Standard. They're looking for a tool that will allow them to view either directly in project or via an export that would display the time-phased work/cost using an accounting/fiscal calendar such as 4-4-5 where Jan & Feb are 4 weeks long and March  is 5 weeks, the repeats the 4-4-5 cycle for the rest of the schedule.

Are you aware of any VBA modules that might perform this capability?

Dan

Kamis, 18 Oktober 2018 20.27

Jawaban

• Hi Dan,

You need VBA. Two solutions:

1. Export data to Excel in a table including financial and calendar months. Then create a Pivot table in Excel to get what you want.
    2. Export the data using VBA to a database like SQL Server then create your reports from it using whatever reporting tool you have.

I have tools that do some of this, but not for the financial month side. That is simple enough to add. I can do that if you can't. Email me direct.

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book and VBA developer.
    www.project-systems.co.nz

• Ditandai sebagai Jawaban oleh dfeigen115 Senin, 22 Oktober 2018 13.08
    Jumat, 19 Oktober 2018 23.22

Semua Balasan

• Dan,

I assume you're asking Rod Gill and he may have a suggestion but since I encountered this exact issue many years ago (circa Project 97) I thought I would give you my take on this issue.

Except for Project Server, the Project client application has never supported accounting months. Over the years I have written two separate accounting month macros, once for use at the company where I worked and another a few years later for a client. Unfortunately neither of those macros is freeware but if you are interested in any further information, let me know and we can set up a one-on-one dialogue.

John

Kamis, 18 Oktober 2018 22.42
  • John, Thanks for the reply.  Similarly, we developed a process for Project Server based schedules on my program, however we have other programs that aren't server based (using Project standard).  Our server based code will take some effort to create a version that runs against MPP file. I'm hoping to find a "plug & play" alternative, I'll keep your option in mind.

Thanks,
    Dan

• Tanda sebagai Jawaban dihapus oleh dfeigen115 Senin, 22 Oktober 2018 13.08
    Jumat, 19 Oktober 2018 14.55
  • Hi Dan,

You need VBA. Two solutions:

1. Export data to Excel in a table including financial and calendar months. Then create a Pivot table in Excel to get what you want.
    2. Export the data using VBA to a database like SQL Server then create your reports from it using whatever reporting tool you have.

I have tools that do some of this, but not for the financial month side. That is simple enough to add. I can do that if you can't. Email me direct.

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book and VBA developer.
    www.project-systems.co.nz

Jumat, 19 Oktober 2018 23.22
  • Rod,

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll follow up with you via email.

Dan

Senin, 22 Oktober 2018 13.08