none
Trying to find the stated reference material per msdn. About "UserForms" in word NOT "Forms" R some dif's

Pertanyaan

• Trying to find the stated reference material "UserForms" stated in msdn documentation per  msdn.

in   Language reference VBA

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vba/vba-language-reference

Quote from page above is below.   

The documentation provided in this reference includes the following:

• Microsoft Forms reference

Provides information about Userforms and controls, and how to program with them by using Visual Basic.

I found lots of info on forms, but UserForms have a few differences, granted, but sometimes very important differences.  And the differences are the problem at this time.

yes I have looked at lots of the documentation. BUT none of it is the "UserForms" referenced to on the msdn page posted above. 

Mark J

Kamis, 12 Juli 2018 20.43

Semua Balasan

• PuzzledVyWord,

You're right, I checked both references and neither has anything about UserForms. Disappointing but not all surprising.

What exactly are you trying to do with Userforms? Keep in mind that this forum is dedicated to customizing and programming Microsoft Project, a project management application so if you are looking for help with Userforms for other office applications (e.g. Word), I suggest you try a forum dedicated to that application.

John

Kamis, 12 Juli 2018 22.10
  • John,

thanks for the info. nice to know not finding this is not my user error.

I was looking for basic properties and events of UserForms.   And the differences In UserForms compared to forms in Access.

And calling UserForms from the Quick Access Toolbar of Word.

And various ways of loading lots of data into a combo box.

I have figured out Calling UserForms, and ways to load data into a combo box. using an array. WAS FUN, The sample code was text saying you could assign an array to a combo box. WITHOUT any code showing how to do it. I did find elsewhere a bit of sample code. 

only pain is on how to load data into the array.  at this time, 23 columns at the min, 15 to 20 rows. maybe will be more in both dim's.

AND THE LINK I POSTED TO used to be IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE TO ASK, ASK US, AND WE WILL TELL YOU WHERE TO GO TO GET YOUR ANSWER.

that is why I posted here.  I was not expecting this to post to "Project" related forum.

I will dbl check the link I used. And correct what it refers to.

sorry about the miss-post

Mark J

Mark J

Jumat, 13 Juli 2018 02.10
  • Mark J

No problem, help is out there but it often takes some effort (probably more than it should) to find the help you need.

John

Jumat, 13 Juli 2018 13.24