none
Server Side Event Handlers Impersonation Issue

Pertanyaan

• Hi All,

i'm using Server Side Event Handler to read some information after Publishing the Project. So, i'm facing impersonation issue with PSI WCF Services. I used ProjTool code to impersonate but i got the same error:

Event Handler for event \ProjectPublishing\ of type \PSEventHandlerSample.MyPSEventHandler\ threw an exception: The HTTP request is unauthorized with client authentication scheme 'Ntlm'. The authentication header received from the server was 'Negotiate,NTLM'.

i found articles regarding Project Server 2007 & ASMX Server Side Event Handler only .

Any Help or guidelines to impersonate in Project Server 2101 using Server Side Event Handler ?

Regards, Mohamed Abdel Ghaffar | http://sharepointfoundation2010.blogspot.com
    Selasa, 22 Februari 2011 12.15

Jawaban

• Why do you need impersonation? Project Server event handlers run on a Project Server computer with the specified logon account for the Microsoft Project Server Events Service 2010 service. If that account has the necessary permissions, you wouldn't need impersonation.
    Jim Corbin [MSFT]
    Selasa, 22 Februari 2011 14.53

Semua Balasan

• Why do you need impersonation? Project Server event handlers run on a Project Server computer with the specified logon account for the Microsoft Project Server Events Service 2010 service. If that account has the necessary permissions, you wouldn't need impersonation.
    Jim Corbin [MSFT]
    Selasa, 22 Februari 2011 14.53
  • Hi Jim,

I know Project Server event handler runs under the account for the events service 2010, however, why I got error when I tried to get all resources on Project Server 2010 using ResourceClient delegate class? PS: the account for the event service 2010 on my server is a server admin on Project Server 2010.

Thanks

Jumat, 13 Mei 2011 02.57
  • yes,you must setendpoint before your call WCF in PSI Service. In PWA 2010 SDK has a nice demo.
    IT Worker
    Sabtu, 17 September 2011 09.36
  • How can i get Server Side Event Handlers CancelReason in Professional 2010

Now I used PWA 2010 and deploy a Server Side Event Handlers, when PM publishing a plan and must approved first,so the server side event must block this publishing event and write a friendly cancel reason to Pro 2010...but,in Pro 2010 we see " Publish project event is canceled by Server side" ,  the PM cannot see this and publish again and again....

How can we get the friendly cancel reason in Pro 2010, use VBA? or not....

IT Worker
    Sabtu, 17 September 2011 09.52
  • Unfortunately, there is no easy way to get the cancel reason in Project Professional, when an event handler cancels the publish or save. Two things you could try:

• Write a VSTO add-in to check the status of the save or publish after a short period of time, and return a friendly message to the user if the action is canceled.
    • Send a notification from the event handler to the user that the job failed, using email, RSS, or IM.

--Jim

Jim Corbin [MSFT]
    Senin, 19 September 2011 14.28
  • This is not an attempt to re-open the question, but a request for clarification. If this isn't the right way to ask this question, please delete it.

MSDN in a couple of places on impersonation in event handlers says: "Project Server event handlers run on a Project Server computer with the SharePoint farm administrator credentials, or with the specified logon account for the Microsoft Project Server Events Service 2010 service. Because event handlers already run on the Project Server back end, not the Project Web App front end, you would not normally use impersonation in an event handler."

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg615466.aspx

It says the eventing service ID *or* the farm administrator credentials. Is the MSDN page inaccurate in including the farm administrator credentials in this sentence? That is, is it true that event handlers run *only* under the eventing service ID? Quite possibly there are obvious examples I don't know of.

On the machine I've been working on, the service runs under ID "Network Service" not the farm administrator account.

• Diedit oleh Clark Wilson Jumat, 10 Februari 2012 16.19 Add mention of "Network Service"
    Jumat, 10 Februari 2012 15.40
  • Hi Can you provide a pseudo code for this?

I am facing the same issue in my code as well. I did create a endpoint as below but still I get the same error as in this post.

<endpointaddress="PWAURL/_vti_bin/PSI/ProjectServer.svc"behaviorConfiguration="basicHttpBehavior"binding="basicHttpBinding"bindingConfiguration="basicHttpConf"contract="SvcQueueSystem.QueueSystem"name="basicHttp_QueueSystem"/>

agasthya

Rabu, 09 Mei 2018 05.54