none
Microsoft HPC Pack 2012 R2 Issues with Excel 2010

Pertanyaan

• I have configured Microsoft HPC cluster Head node and I have made one head node for now and it is head node and 

compute node it self but iam having issue with excel as i cannot add excel cluster connector addin on excel it says failed on startup loading a run time error on client machines.

But on Headnode excel cluster connector addin is active but it doesnt show the HPC tab in excel kindly help me. 

as i have find enough on this from internet and got no help.

THanks,

--

Kashif

Kamis, 18 Oktober 2018 15.08

Semua Balasan

• Hi,

Are you going to use workbook offloading or UDF(XLL) offloading? If you are using the former you'll not need cluster connector.

If you need the XLL offloading feature, could you check the event viewer to see if there is anything under [Application and Service Logs/Microsoft/HPC/Excel] ?

Thanks,
    Zihao

Jumat, 19 Oktober 2018 06.37
  • Hi Zihao,

I Think for UDF offloading i need cluster connecter addin on client machine, however on Headnode machine

i can active cluster connector addin on excel 2010 but i dont see any tab of HPC in excel when addin is active.

Do i need to download xll file for addin that addon?

Thanks

Rabu, 24 Oktober 2018 09.58
  • Hi,

My first question is about to make sure what you want is UDF offloading. As there are 2 ways to do Excel offloading: workbook offloading, UDF offloading. Are you calling C/C++ libraries from you Excel VBA? If no, proberbly what you are looking for is workbook offloading. Then please consult this doc page.

After you enabled UDF plugin, no tab will be added to Excel. Instead, Excel Options -> Advanced -> Formulas will get an additional option.

Kamis, 25 Oktober 2018 01.39
  • Hello,

It looks like workbook offloading is kind of complex and i m pretty sure i will be doing UDF offloading

can you provide some details on how to do UDF offloading?

after configuring Headnode, and installing client Utilites on Desktop

Kamis, 25 Oktober 2018 11.20
  • Thank you so much btw for your help
    Kamis, 25 Oktober 2018 11.22