none
Microsoft R Enterprise, with HPC Pack

Pertanyaan

• I was hoping to use the recently renamed "Microsoft R Enterprise" against Windows HPC Pack for research work, planned back when it was Revolution R Enterprise, from Revolution Analytics.

Unfortunately it seems like the support for RRE/MRE with HPC Pack has been declared end-of-life at the end of 2016, back in October.

That's really disappointing! And I had users interested in running this as soon as it was available. Obviously now I can't deploy it, as it would go away in less than 12 months. The interesting aspect with RRE was the IDE, multi-core support and integration directly into HPC Pack.

Has anyone else been using this, is there any feeling whether this decision might be reversed given it's all MS owned now, or whether there are alternatives that are user friendly?

Cheers, Mark

16 Januari 2016 12:02

Jawaban

• Sorry Mark for the late response. From the response, currently all cluster/grid support is not in the priority list but with cloud and Hadoop.

As HPC Pack is also having cloud offering, we will check whether we can have better integration there.

Qiufang Shi

• Ditandai sebagai Jawaban oleh SparkyW 25 Maret 2016 11:01
    19 Februari 2016 1:23

Semua Balasan

• Hi Mark,

Thanks for reaching us. I think this is a good question. I'll check with our R team and get back to you to see if there is any mis-understanding here.

Qiufang Shi

18 Januari 2016 3:14
  • Great, thank you - I hope I have misunderstood, as this was looking very interesting.

Regards, Mark

18 Januari 2016 22:52
  • Hi, did you get a reply from the team?

Thanks, Mark

30 Januari 2016 20:04
  • Sorry Mark for the late response. From the response, currently all cluster/grid support is not in the priority list but with cloud and Hadoop.

As HPC Pack is also having cloud offering, we will check whether we can have better integration there.

Qiufang Shi

• Ditandai sebagai Jawaban oleh SparkyW 25 Maret 2016 11:01
    19 Februari 2016 1:23