none
Cross-tab Report: Task Names vs Resources

Pertanyaan

• Hello all,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Does anyone know if it is possible to generate a report in MS Project which is essentially a cross-tab query of tasks names versus resources?

I have a number of individuals with hours dedicated to each task. My objective is to list the tasks against the individuals and show their hours per task in a cross-tab query.

I have searched the internet and cant find much- and thus I any help is very much appreciated.

Thank you
    Minggu, 02 Desember 2018 13.26

Semua Balasan

• umchem,

I'm not sure if I should report you as a "lurker" or not. Ah, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt :-)

From your description the obvious suggestions are the Resource Usage view or one of the built-in reports such as the "Who does what when" or the "Resource Usage" found under Project > Reports group > Reports icon. Or if you want to dabble in Pivot Tables, you could take a look at the Visual Reports.

The real questions is, what are you trying to achieve?

John

Minggu, 02 Desember 2018 15.43
  • Hi John,

Im trying to achieve a cross-tab that indicates who has hours associated with each task, and how many hours and a matrix format. The examples you noted include alot of repetition if an individual is working on a number of a tasks. A cross-tab eliminates the repetition and while also showing blanks, best summarizes the data in a tabular matrix format.

Thanks!

• Diedit oleh umchem Senin, 03 Desember 2018 03.09
    Senin, 03 Desember 2018 03.05
  • umchem,

Okay, then how about the Task Usage view. It shows each resource assigned to each task and the hours for each of those assignments both in summary (left side static data) and per time period (right side timescaled data).

If you require a more conventional matrix format, then you need to export the data to Excel where you can format it any way you want. For static data you can use an export map. If you want data per time period, you will need to either deal with pivot tables created by Visual Reports, or my preference, a macro that exports and formats the data as required.

Hope this helps.

John

Jumat, 07 Desember 2018 23.07