none
Multiple MS projects (2010 version) exports to Excel Report

Pertanyaan

• Hello,

Is it possible to export multiple MS project schedules as a health report into an excel file, from different folder locations? Or do all the MS projects have to be under one folder to do so? 

I noted one of the previous threads on the export from one folder location, which was very helpful to get started on.

I would appreciate any help with code that could make this possible from different folder locations please, if this is even possible?

Many thanks

HEW

Jumat, 07 Desember 2018 18.27

Semua Balasan

• Hi Hew,

You'll need to do this vba if you want in automated in anyway, and somehow you would need to specify the input files.  check out Rod Gill's VBA for project book - a google search should get you there...

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Jumat, 07 Desember 2018 18.47
  • HEW1,

Is it possible? Definitely. Depending on exactly what you want to export to Excel, (e.g. which Project fields and whether its static or timescaled data), you may be able to use an export map or Project's Visual Reports functionality. However you would need to export each Project file separately.

If you want to do an automated export, then as Ben suggests, you need VBA.

You mentioned something about another thread describing export from a single folder. Which thread was that?

And yes, it is possible to export Project data from multiple locations and I'd be glad to help you with that given the answer to the above and more information on exactly what you want to export.

For reference I also highly recommend Rod's book if you really want to learn the ins and outs of Project VBA. You can find out more at:

http://www.project-systems.co.nz/project-vba-book/

John

Jumat, 07 Desember 2018 20.40