none
Integration with TFS

Pertanyaan

• Hello,

We're using TFS 2017 Client, and Project 2016 Online, and I'd like to integrate the 2 products. When I create tasks in TFS, I provide a Start Date, Finish Date, work estimate, work completed and work remaining, and it looks like in the default mappings that it should update these fields when I do a Refresh in Project, which should update like work ids and add new work ids. Am I right in assuming this? I want to go from TFS to Project, adding new and updating existing. Is this a feature that's used a lot? Any good documentation available on how to configure. As always, any clues provided to the clueless are greatly appreciated!

Cheers, Ray

Rabu, 12 September 2018 19.14

Semua Balasan

• Hi Raymond,

I didn't work much with MPP TFS connector but 

I've done the integration for one of the customer b/w Project Online and VSTS using a third party tool ( FluentPro Integration Hub).

Here, the data will be synced bidirectional with on-Demand(manual) and Schedule Refresh as well.

While configuring the connector we need to setup the field mappings.

https://fluentpro.com/microsoft-project-online-microsoft-vsts/ 

Selasa, 18 September 2018 09.02
  • Hi Raymond,

As per MPP TFS native connector, In MPP you need to use  the Team toolbar showing, which allows you to "Choose Team Project" and connect to your TFS server. Once you've browsed to your project, choose "Get Work Items" and browse for your queries that can retrieve tasks / bugs / etc

Below are the default field mappings between MPP & TFS.

Selasa, 18 September 2018 09.36
  • Thanks for the assistance, I'll give this a look.

Cheers, Ray

Selasa, 18 September 2018 12.34
  • Yes, I'm seeing where even MS now is steering us to 3rd party tools. I've used FluentPro before but only for MS Project Server administration and see where they have a lot of other tools, we'll need to look, as ServiceNow and SAP are next on the agenda for integration. :) 

Cheers, Ray

Selasa, 18 September 2018 12.36
  • Yes, you are right.

As per MS, TFS 2017 or higher versions will not support for Project Server integrations and MS clearly told that they are relying on 3rd party tools for the integration.

Rabu, 19 September 2018 09.04