none
Update project - reschedule uncompleted work to start after...

Pertanyaan

• In project pro we have a function to update de project - reschedule uncompleted work to start after... In PWA i could not find such function. Is there any way to do it in PWA or programmatically? Project is created programmatically from third party system data, and we need to have to reschedule the work programmatically as well when it is created. In the same way, when the project is updated, with actual start and finish date in project pro, it should also be rescheduled automatically, via program when saving.

Does anyone know how can this be achieved?

Many thanks,

Regards,

Ana

22 Nopember 2012 12:27

Semua Balasan

• Hi,

Indeed, this can be done via VBA in Project Pro, using the ProjectBeforeSave event.

Attention, maybe it's a matter of vocabulary, but in Project Actual Start and actual finish refer to the past - when the task STARTED and FINISHED, so once these are gibven, there can no longer be any rescheduling.

Following is the help on reschedule uncompleted work:

expression.UpdateProject(All, UpdateDate, Action)

expression A variable that represents an Application object.

Parameters

Name

Required/Optional

Data Type

Description

All

Optional

Boolean

True if all tasks in the active project are updated. False if only the selected tasks are updated. The default value is True.

UpdateDate

Optional

Variant

The update date to use for the specified action.

action

Optional

Integer

The action to take with the specified tasks. Can be one of the following PjProjectUpdate constants: pj0or100Percent, pj0to100Percent, or pjReschedule. The default is pj0to100Percent.

Return Value

Boolean

Greetings,

22 Nopember 2012 12:45
  • Hi, I know that this post is from 2012, but I am having a problem with Update Project, that perhaps you can help me!

I am trying to use UpdateProject in Project 2003, like this:

sub ConvertDoc(Path, FName)   

objPrj.FileOpen "<>\" & FName & ".Published" 
        on error resume Next 

objPrj.ActiveProject.StatusDate = "30/6/18"  ' It works

objPrj.UpdateProject All=TRUE, UpdateDate="30/6/18", Action=2   ' It didn´t work
        on error resume Next

If Err.Number <> 0 then

msgbox "ERROR"

else

msgbox "OK"

end if     

end sub

I receive OK as answer, but nothing happens.

I am seaching hard on Internet but I can not find why!

Charlotte

14 Mei 2018 14:32