none
Microsoft Store crash report gives me Stack Trace Offset, how to find line?

Pertanyaan

• Microsoft Store gives me program errors like

clr_exception_system.nullreferenceexception_80004003_prog.exe!prog.mainwindow..ctor
    and for Stack Trace
    Prog.exe
    Function
    Prog.MainWindow..ctor
    Offset
    0x00000000000002D8

The hex 2D8 is 728, and I have assumed that is the line, but it was not. This is the only info I get from the Store.

This is Desktop app (C#, WPF) packaged for the Store, and PDB is included in the package but Store never gives me lines where the exception occurred. Is there a way to pinpoint the line from the given offset?

Jumat, 19 Oktober 2018 19.19

Semua Balasan

• Hi UXDguy,

It is hard to find the offset just from store. You may need to get the dump file when it crash and use the WinDbg tool to analyze.For thr Windg, please refer to Download the debugging Tools for Windows (WinDbg).

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Senin, 22 Oktober 2018 08.02
  • Thank you Daisy. So this store report is pretty much useless information as without getting in touch with user that has this issue I cannot get the dump file. They should use the packaged PDB to get the useful information to the developers.
    Senin, 22 Oktober 2018 16.57