none
MS Money Sunset Customize Report Freezes (Windows 10) RRS feed

• Domanda

• Under Windows 10 MS Money Sunset edition has been running fine as late as a few days ago.

Today I entered Money, posted some transactions and pulled up a transaction report.

The report ran fine. I then tried to customize the report date. I click on the customize link,

Money locks up and the customize option screen never comes up.

I used task manager to stop Money and tried again and got the same result.

I used task manager to stop Money again and then tried the same thing using

the Money sample account and experienced the same result. As far as I can, all other

Money non-report related functions which I normally use are working. It is only when I try and customize a report

that Money locks up. This is the first day I have used Money since the latest

Windows 10 Anniversary update was done. So my guess is that this problem Is related to

that update. I searched around the web and have not found any similar problem reports.

I will keep looking for a solution prior to rolling back the lastest Windows 10 update. Any help

on resolving this issue would be appreciated.

Brian

lunedì 26 settembre 2016 22:22

Tutte le risposte

• You could check that the problem does not occur with sample.mny.
    That typically resides in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money 2007".
    Assuming the problem does not occur with that file, I would return
    to your regular Money file (you can use the list at the bottom of
    File).  I would start with File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepair

If the problem continues,
    File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 2

If the problem persists,
    File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 1

Note that level 1 will delete any customized reports, but you should be able to make new customized reports.

martedì 27 settembre 2016 01:44
    Moderatore
  • Cal,

I tried the sample Money file and two other live Money files and experienced the same result. I had a play Money file on my other machine

which is running Windows 10 but had not received the Windows 10 Anniversary update and the report and customize feature worked without

any problem. Later on I will take one of my live files over to that machine to see if the problem shows up there. At this point I think the problem might

be related to the Windows 10 update, but since I haven't read any similar problem reports, it might be something else.

Brian

martedì 27 settembre 2016 03:24
  • Cal,

I took the desktop sample Money file which had report customization problems over to my Windows 10 laptop machine which

has not had the Anniversary update applied yet, and had no problem generating or customizing reports there.

I know reinstalling Money on my desktop is an option but then again I probably l have to mess with the registry again.

Brian

martedì 27 settembre 2016 04:07
  • Cal,

I also tried the Windows 10 compatibility troubleshooter steps as well as Money level 1/2 repair steps and that didn't solve the problem either.

Brian

martedì 27 settembre 2016 05:22
  • I would reinstall Microsoft Money Deluxe Sunset on the problem computer. Then put the patched DLL into place again. The reinstall does not get rid of your *.mny or *.mbf files.

There should not be any compatibility settings or registry changes required.

martedì 27 settembre 2016 13:55
    Moderatore
  • Cal,

I reinstalled the Sunset Home & Business version which I was using and it appears the report customize function is working again.

I also put the mentioned DLL into place.

As old as the Money program is, it has always seemed easy to use, meets my needs and I would sure miss it should it go away.

Thanks for helping with a resolution to this problem.

Brian

mercoledì 28 settembre 2016 01:59
  • Which dll update is referred to in the above solution? Tried update of the mnyob99.dll after doing a reinstall, and the customize reports option still hangs. Thanks!
    sabato 25 febbraio 2017 21:47
  • Which dll update is referred to in the above solution? Tried update of the mnyob99.dll after doing a reinstall, and the customize reports option still hangs. Thanks!

That's the one.

I suggest you consider  File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 1

That will remove your existing customized reports, and then you can make new ones.

sabato 25 febbraio 2017 22:28
    Moderatore
  • I had the same problem. It occurs because I use a second monitor in addition to my laptop screen. If you use MS Money last on the external monitor and then you detach the laptop then when you run MS Money on the laptop alone the screen freezes when you try to customize a report. This is because it tries to open the customization window on the external monitor which does not exist. If you try to correct the problem through the windows, settings, display command to select using only one display, it will not solve the problem.

The solution I found is the following.

1. Run MS Money with the two monitors. Move the MS Money screen to the laptop screen before exiting MS Money. Select a report and try to customize it. Move the customization form also on the laptop screen.

2. Exit MS Money while it is on the laptop screen.

3. Run MS Money on the laptop screen this time , just to verify that it works. Run again a customization report and see that the customization form appears on the laptop screen.

4. Exit MS Money.

Now you can use  MS Money on the laptop alone with no problems.

sabato 29 settembre 2018 09:31
  • PS.

If you forget to follow the above steps and travel with your laptop alone you are out of luck. You can only fix the problem when you return home and connect an external monitor again.

sabato 29 settembre 2018 09:37
  • Nice point that the problem could be Customize window somehow being off of the screen. This search will bring up some techniques that can be used if a window is off of the screen. If you are off with your laptop, this search may bring up something that works for you in that case"

https://www.bing.com/search?q=%22windows+10%22+off+screen

domenica 30 settembre 2018 14:04
    Moderatore
  • Finally found the answer - thank you!  I've been battling with this for ages!
    lunedì 19 novembre 2018 17:52
  • I managed to fix this by deleting the registry value where the dialog position is stored:

1. Close MS Money
    2. Open Registry Editor
    3. Navigate to the following key: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Money\14.0
    4. Delete the following value: FindDlgPos
    5. Restart MS Money

Hope this helps someone else!

• Proposto come risposta asureshkumar domenica 18 agosto 2019 09:11
    • Modificato asureshkumar domenica 18 agosto 2019 09:13
    domenica 18 agosto 2019 09:11
  • Fantastic!

I love MS Money and just started having the very same report customization fixes today.

Repairs did not work.

Registry solution above worked perfectly.

Thank you so much, asureshkumar!

giovedì 10 ottobre 2019 12:06
  • The Registry solution worked perfectly for me. Thank you. This was a HUGE help.
    sabato 11 aprile 2020 15:36
  • Registry solution worked for me! Thank you so much!
    martedì 14 aprile 2020 10:40