none
not genuine win7 RRS feed

• Domanda

• April 2009, I purchased a Dell Studio1737, Intel Core 2 Duo laptop.

It came with VISTA - my only option. I hated it! A short time later I heard that Win 7 would be released in Oct. 2009.

June 2009, I pre-purchased the Windows7 Home Premium upgrade from Microsoft with a delivery date in October 2009. Prior to this arrival date, I left for Asia where I would be for 7+months, traveling with my older laptop, leaving my new Studio17 here in the states.

I returned May 2010 and finally in July I was ready to install my new Win7 upgrade. I wasn’t comfortable doing this myself so I hire a “techie guy” so the install would go well and no stress for me. I paid him very well – never to be seen again.

I can’t figure out what is so terribly wrong with my new Studio and the CD/DVD drive doesn’t work either. Yesterday, I find a new pop-up window at the bottom right hand-side of the screen that says “Window 7 – Build 7600 – this copy of Windows is not genuine.”   I cried!

What should I do? Possibly uninstall the illegal Windows 7 and re-install the Vista again and then upgrade this to the Win7? Or, just buy the Window 7 OS and install it?

I don’t even know how to do this - I’m so stressed. Please help me?  

lunedì 15 novembre 2010 20:57

Risposte

Tutte le risposte

• Hello DoiSaket,

To help us in assisting you with your issue, please download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool (MGADiag.exe) at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 . Click the "Continue" button and when it appears, click the "Copy" button. Then “Paste” the report into a reply message in this thread.

Thank you,

Darin MS
    • Contrassegnato come risposta Darin Smith MS venerdì 19 novembre 2010 19:05
    lunedì 15 novembre 2010 21:05
  • you could try to "reactivate" your copy of windows trough removing your product key, reapplying the key and then reactivating your key with following CMD Commands (Enter "CMD" in the searchbox in the startmenu and then hit CTRL+SHIFT+Enter to run CMD with administrator privileges.) then you can run the commands:

slmgr.vbs -upk
    slmgr.vbs -ipk "Your ProductKey here"
    slmgr.vbs -ato

In case you do not get your product key (which should have been shipped with the upgrade either via email) you should try to contat that "techie guy"

Hope this helps you out ;)

• Proposto come risposta Darin Smith MS venerdì 19 novembre 2010 19:05
    martedì 16 novembre 2010 20:42
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    venerdì 19 novembre 2010 19:05