none
fixChaseFitidNone.py - python script to fix up Chase <FITID>NONE RRS feed

• General discussion

• Until Chase sorts it out. A work-around: a python program to fix up the <FITID>NONE issue

Download from https://bitbucket.org/hleofxquotesteam/hleofxquotes/downloads/

To run

$ python fixChaseFitidNone.py -i Chase1234_Activity20190205.QFX -o out.qfx
    > Reading from Chase1234_Activity20190205.QFX
    < Writing to out.qfx

Import to Money using the fix-up file out.qfx

What fixChaseFitidNone.py does? it replace <FITID>NONE with a hash value which is based on the all the lines representing the transaction. The advantage of using this is that if you happens to download the same set of transactions, after fix up, you will  get the exact same FITID.

IMPORTANT: Once Chase fix up their ends, if you download transactions that already been "fixed up", Money will show duplicate because the FTID from Chase is NOT going to be the same that of the hash value I calculated.

Best,

Tuesday, February 5, 2019 8:30 PM

All replies

• Quicken has issue with this also. So if you call Chase, you know what to say:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7838358/cannot-download-transactions-from-chase-bank/p3

Tuesday, February 5, 2019 8:44 PM
  • Need a little help here:

Do we have to install  python to use this? Instructions please.

How do we run  $ python fixChaseFitidNone.py -i  ChaseNnnn_Activity20190206 -o out.qfx ?

--

Peace,

BobJ

Thursday, February 7, 2019 1:57 AM
  • You need to install Python (version 2 or 3 will work). Download from: https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-2715/

Use this modified version which appears to be a bit easier to deal with (just drag and drop) than mine

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/19981196/#Comment_19981196

As a follow-up to hleofxquotes's python code, here's a modified version that should work without having deal with python on the command line.  Just install python, put the script on the desktop, and drop the broken QFX files on the script one by one to fix them. Follow this link for more details: https://github.com/dc25/fixFitidNone

Thursday, February 7, 2019 3:25 AM
  • So far so, good. Using this method, I imported the one outstanding CC purchase.  Don't quite under stand how it works, however, at the <FITID>NONE have not been replaced with a number.  Thanks so much hleofxquotes. 

--

Peace,

BobJ

Thursday, February 7, 2019 5:12 AM
  • I'm having the same issues as BobJ and have tried everything mentioned here.  However after doing everything Money only imports one transaction for me.  Also when I open the "fixed" file with notepad I see that it still says <FITID>NONE

Is there some more help on this problem?

Thanks!

Thursday, February 7, 2019 7:28 PM
  • @Timberview, can you confirm which method are you using?

The command-line version: fixChaseFitidNone.py 

OR

the drag and drop version: fixFitidNone.py

Thursday, February 7, 2019 9:48 PM
  • In my case, I used the drag and drop version.

--

Peace,

BobJ

Friday, February 8, 2019 3:54 AM
  • BobJ & Timberview,

Can you check to make sure that what you downloaded really was the python script.  There were some bad instructions on the website that might have resulted in your downloading some html instead of the script itself.  The instructions are fixed now so you could also just try downloading the script again.

- Dave

Friday, February 8, 2019 1:24 PM
  • The new script seems to work (from viewing the contents, I did not have any new transactions to import).  It even put the file into a much more readable format.  Thanks so much.

--

Peace,

BobJ

Friday, February 8, 2019 1:53 PM
  • It works! I downloaded the script again and this time it works! Thanks so much!
    Friday, February 8, 2019 8:25 PM
  • Just to note two small issues I've noticed so far:

1) While this program, to prevent duplicates, will reassign the same <FITID> code to the same transaction if it is included again in a subsequent download, this is NOT the same number as was assigned by Chase when it was working.  Therefore, if your new qfx file includes transactions that had previously been downloaded before the Chase site failed on 1/23, you will get duplicates showing up in your register.  In that case, you need to delete the original (Chase generated) transaction and accept the Python generated one.  If Chase ever gets its act together and fixes  its servers, a similar set of duplicates will occur at the switchover back to Chase.

2) The transactions come in marked as C (cleared) instead of E (Downloaded) as they appear with other downloaded files.  Not a big deal, but if it only takes a little tweak to fix, it would make it even more perfect.

--

Peace,

BobJ

• Edited by bobjbkln Saturday, February 9, 2019 2:13 AM
    Saturday, February 9, 2019 2:12 AM
  • Hi Bob

2) The transactions come in marked as (cleared) instead of E (Downloaded) as they appear with other downloaded files.  Not a big deal, but if it only takes a little tweak to fix, it would make it even more perfect.

It is likely that such transaction was already marked as C by Money. Once marked as C, it still stay there. You will only see E if such transaction has not been marked as C

The C or E state is entirely managed by Money (the content of the QFX file will not be able to affect it).

Saturday, February 9, 2019 4:47 AM
  • This has now been fixed as reported by jmartinks in another thread.  Just remember that if you used hleofxquotes2's temporary Python fix discussed in this thread, you will get duplicates when you do your first Chase download.  Just accept the new entries and delete the old duplicates.  This should not happen again.

• Edited by bobjbkln Tuesday, February 12, 2019 7:54 PM
    Tuesday, February 12, 2019 7:54 PM
  • Citizens CC division has been updated. It no longer uses QIF for Money  but OFX. Money says their OFX is corrupt. The Citizens Online Banking OFX has been working for years. The answer I got from CC Customer Service was they didn't support Money. So I am no longer using their credit cards. Their option is OFX or CSV.

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 1:04 PM