none
VS 2017 Pro new install has no ItemTemplatesCache RRS feed

• Vraag

• When trying to add a new "Area" to an exsting .NET MVC application I get the error that "Visual Studio cannot find C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE\ItemTemplatesCache\..."  But all the searching I have seen simply says for template problems is should delete that folder and then run devenv /InstallVSTemplates.  That does nothing.

Ideas?

Thanks

woensdag 11 april 2018 01:03

Alle reacties

• Hi,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

>>I get the error that "Visual Studio cannot find C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE\ItemTemplatesCache\..." 

There is no ItemTemplatesCache folder under <Visual Studio 2017 Installation Path>\Common7\IDE, ItemTemplatesCache folder is available for visual studio 2015, 2013...

Please create a new asp.net MVC application and add a Area to it, then check it if the issue persists.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

donderdag 12 april 2018 05:21
  • Joyce, The error does not happen with a new project created under Visual Studio 2017.  However I don't have the luxury of creating an new project.  Am I missing a setting that can be changed?  Does it matter what version of MVC (we are still MVC4) that this project is running?

Thanks

donderdag 12 april 2018 12:39
  • Hi,

>>The error does not happen with a new project created under Visual Studio 2017. 

Visual Studio 2017 supports MVC 4 (you can open existing projects but not create new ones) and MVC 5, it is recommend to open a new case in asp.net MVC forum to discuss it. 

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

vrijdag 13 april 2018 10:26