none
[http://moneycentral.msn.com]Australian stock prices

All replies

• I am having the same problem, it will be interesting to see if there is any solution. Otherwise finding something to replace all the things that Money does so well is going to be difficult.
    Wednesday, April 04, 2012 10:25 AM
  • Experiencing the same issue. Checked that data on MSN Money - on the 10day chart, price data stops at 29 Mar.  Unable to find any explanation from Microsoft or anyone else for that matter.
    If no explanation or resolution is forth coming, it looks like I might be spending Easter rebuiilding spreadsheets to pull share data from Yahoo.

Thursday, April 05, 2012 12:31 AM
  • People are working on fixing those Australian quotes. There is not a time forecast yet.
    Thursday, April 05, 2012 8:10 PM
  • So this is an issue at MSN Money's end?

I upgraded from XL2003 to XL2010 and pull AU prices via the MSN Quotes add-in and thought it was because the add-in wasn't supported in XL2010.

I just tried pulling a US stock price and it worked fine, so I was wondering if AU prices where no longer being provided after 29 March (the last business day of March, which may be coincidental).

I won't toss out my share price model just yet then. :)

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 4:20 AM
  • I am also having this problem. Glad I found this thread. 

I have established that about 2 out 3 of my stocks are still updating. You can check this by running a report.  I have also noticed that the "Change" column that should reflect the daily change is not calculating for any stocks, and I am no longer seeing any monthly change summary on my home page.

I hope this gets fixed, as I have looked at some alternatives and none of them are as simple and easy to use as Money, which I have been using for 10 years.

I am using Money 2003.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 1:03 AM
  • Is there any update to Cal Learner's advice that folk are working on it? Anything the Aussies can do to help? ... It is not just me - I'm being pressed for solution by my mum. ... And she is no spring chicken :-)
    Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:17 PM
  • The spreadsheet is still not updating or if it is, it is only uodating with 29 Mar 12 data.
    I have checked the money.msn site. While the charts are now showing the correct April share data, there is an issue with the tabulated data. By way of example I have tabulated the values below for IRE (Iress Technology) on Thursday 12 Apr 12. The money.msn tabulated data appears locked on the values for 29 Mar 12

money.msn      Actual
    Close                  7.02             6.58
    Previous Close   7.02             6.50
    Open                  7.02             6.57
    High                   7.05             6.66
    Low                   7.68             6.52

Many chance you can get someone to sort this out?

Thursday, April 12, 2012 2:30 PM
  • As I mentioned in my post above, I think this is not happening for all stocks. Not sure if this help whoever is working on this?
    Friday, April 13, 2012 12:45 AM
  • I have checked quite a number of shares and find them all to have the same issue.
    By way of exanple here is a random sample of shares and thier closing price on  Fri 13 Apr 12

money.msn     actual
    DJS         2.43            2.31
    NEN        0.42            0.41
    TSM        0.35            0.315
    PRR         0.24           0.27
    WEB       3.17           3.45

Friday, April 13, 2012 11:38 AM
  • Hi There Cal,

it is now the 14April here in Oz. Any update from Microsoft on when this will be fixed?

Cheers

Friday, April 13, 2012 3:32 PM
  • Still not working.  Anyone had any luck with a solution?
    Friday, April 13, 2012 9:52 PM
  • As of today, the "Change" column is now calculating for those stocks that are getting updated prices. I can now see that only 8 out of 19 stocks are getting price updates. The rest are not.

Some examples that are getting the update are:  ABC, IFL, PFL, WOW. Some examples that are not are :BHP, CBA, RIO, TLS.

Sunday, April 15, 2012 11:20 AM
  • Well for a brief moment I too thought the problem had been fixed, but alas the data reverted to the 29 Mar 12 data set.
    So off to money.msn to see what is is going on.
    I ran a quote for AU:ARP on money.msn.
    The quote price initialy displayed $9.31 (the 29 Mar price) then the quote updated to $9.45 (the 13 Apr price) and then reverted to $9.31. The data displayed in the side table (ie Open, Hi, Lo etc) for AU:ARP was for 29 Mar 12.
    Below that table, it was noted the stock "last traded 29 Mar 12.

Cal, it's disappointing that no one from the team fixing the problem is posting any updates on the progress of the resloution of this issue.
    We are now entering the third week of this issue, any ETA on a resolution?

Sunday, April 15, 2012 12:21 PM
  • Hi there Cal,

Tried a few minutes ago and it now seems to be working ok. Thanks for the help

Monday, April 16, 2012 8:58 AM
  • It's better than it, was but there still seems to be a problem.

If you do several refreshes it brings up the 29 Mar 12 data set, if you do another refresh it updates to the current data set. Why?

I went to the money.msn site and the Details table (ie Open, Hi, Lo etc) for some stocks (eg AU:MTU) was still displaying 29 Mar 12 data and noting that the stock "last traded 29 Mar 12".  Other stocks (eg AU:CSL , AU:BHP) were displaying the 16 Apr 12 data set and noting that the stocks "last traded 16 Apr 12". 

So better but not 100%.

Monday, April 16, 2012 12:29 PM
  • Now working 100%.  Thanks
    Wednesday, April 18, 2012 1:41 PM
  • I have been away all week so only checked again today.  Mine is also all working again.

Thanks to whoever was involved in getting this resolved.

I would be interested in a description of the resolution.

Friday, April 20, 2012 12:38 AM
  • Hi There.

Problem is back again.

There have been no price updates since 2-July-2013

Is it possible to get this looked at again please?

Cheers

Wednesday, July 03, 2013 11:53 AM
  • Hi There.

Problem is back again.

There have been no price updates since 2-July-2013

Is it possible to get this looked at again please?

Cheers

I'm in the UK and the last updates were about 15.00 UK time on the 1st July.

Attempted to manually amend to the correct closing prices, whenever the program updates prices it overwrites any manually entered updates for 1st July.

So it would seem that MS Money is still downloading prices, but these are stuck on 1st July over here.

If I enter prices for 2nd or 3rd July these are not overwritten.

Would love this to be fixed soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wednesday, July 03, 2013 2:53 PM
  • I can confirm that I am seeing the same results as you are.

Furthermore the Call summary after MSM online updates has been run indicates the following:-

1    Quotes, News and Exchange Rates are being updated.

2    Money Updates  (No Updates have been made yet!)

It would appear that the database that MSM obtains it's prices from are not being updated.

This applies to both USA and Australian Stock prices

Like you it would be great to see this fixed soon.

Wednesday, July 03, 2013 11:08 PM
  • I have been using Microsoft Money for many years and believe it be unique.

I am in Australia and the Australian stock prices stopped updating on 2nd July, the US prices stopped updating on 3rd July. It has happened before, but subsequently been fixed.

Microsoft or their provider may have decided to use the end of the financial year as an opportunity to finally pull the pin on the pricing service.

For  the sake of those of us  who have relied on the product for many years, I hope not.

We may need to look elsewhere for a suitable alternative.

Wednesday, July 03, 2013 11:19 PM
  • I was active in this thread last year when this happened and it has now happened again at almost exactly the same time.

Like others, I would appreciate if whoever fixed it last year could fix it again.

Thanks in anticipation.

Thanks, Tim

Sunday, July 07, 2013 12:09 PM
  • Same issue here in the UK - last price update for stocks 1st July 2013, curiously mutual funds still updating correctly.
    Sunday, July 07, 2013 6:27 PM
  • I was active in this thread last year when this happened and it has now happened again at almost exactly the same time.

Like others, I would appreciate if whoever fixed it last year could fix it again.

Thanks in anticipation.

Thanks, Tim

Anyone know who fixed it last time?

He could be very popular!

Monday, July 08, 2013 11:48 AM
  • I've also been using Money for years in Australia and if I can't find another programme that will import from Money 2005, I'll be very much inconvenienced and annoyed. It would take weeks to do manually, if I can do it at all. But without the quote update facility working, Money 2005 is not the programme I bought in good faith and I'll have to look elsewhere.

If Microsoft have discontinued the service then they've taken away a facility that I've already purchased and I'm not at all sure that that's right.

I would be happy to pay an annual licence fee, providing it's reasonable, for convenience sake.

Friday, July 12, 2013 1:33 AM
  • I'd simply like to know two things!

1 Are Microsoft aware of the problem?

2 Are they planning to fix same and if so when?

This sitting in limbo not knowing one way or the other is frustrating!

I don't want to waste time developing work arounds if the problem is known to Microsoft and is scheduled to be resolved in the near future.

The Excel solutions proposed on other forums doesn't seem all that reliable and the google spreadsheet soln is going to involve a lot of work.

Hoping for a speedy answer to these two questions from someone at or associated with Microsoft.

Cheers.

Friday, July 12, 2013 12:30 PM
  • Although I can't answer your questions HealthyB123, I couldn't agree more. I don't want to waste time either.

But according to Cal Learner's message under, we've all been disconnected. He seems to know what he's talking about except for one thing. His message is dated Wednesday June 19 and we were still getting updates then.

"The MSN Money team have completely replaced the old quote servers. They are now getting quotes from Morningstar (http://money.msn.com/). This means that all of the older versions of Money which still connected to the quote servers, and which did not have their services turned off, will no longer be able to retrieve quotes directly from within Money.

Alternatives include  HleQuotes, Pocketsense. I use PocketSense  to get end-of-day quotes from another quote server and from my broker. HleQuotes is reported to be able to receive quotes for UK exchanges and some others.

<input id="879477c2-54e3-487f-8d47-fcaa62180cd7_attachments" type="hidden" value="" />                

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:39 PM"

I've started another thread and asked the questions whether anyone can tell us if we've been dumped or not. Haven't had a reply as yet though.

Saturday, July 13, 2013 3:03 AM