Restart after laptop running Windows 10 1809 Enterprise being powered on RRS feed

• 问题

• Hi, since last Friday this happened four times after laptop was powered on (last time this morning):

A critical system process, C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe, failed with status code c0000008.  The machine must now be restarted.

Any help would be highly appreciated.
    2020年5月28日 6:44

全部回复

• I suggest you read the information here: https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000913.htm and follow the instructions in the section "Computer restarting because of lsass.exe error".

2020年5月28日 7:21
  • 1.Go to device manager and select your NIC card. Select properties, then power management. De-select "allow computer to turn off this device to save power".

2.Run dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and sfc /scannow commands to repair system image.

3.Update system to the latest build.

4.Reboot and monitor restart.

Regards

"Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

2020年5月29日 2:20
  • @Teemo Unfortunately updating system to the latest build is not an option - this is a company's laptop and we are still on a version 1809 with company-wide updating to the newer build planned after this outbreak ends.

More colleagues are complaining about this issue - maybe it is coincidence but this started to happen after May CU for Windows 10 1809 was installed during regular monthly patching cycle (Configuration Manager). It happened to me again today after powering laptop on - after reboot system behaves normally every time. Very, very annoying. On the other hand I have been working remotely for more than 2 months and must be very cautious with troubleshooting - if something goes wrong and laptop becomes unusable I am completely stuck.

• 已编辑 BoxiKG 2020年5月31日 18:16
    2020年5月31日 18:12
  • Windows Updates released May 12, 2020 introduced an issue where LSASS crashes with c0000008 after user logon. 

The issue is still present in Windows Updates released June 9, 2020

The following text was added to the relevant Windows Update KBs 

The Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS) file (lsass.exe) might fail on some devices with the error message, “A critical system process, C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe, failed with status code c0000008. The machine must now be restarted." Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.

Look for a fix the 1st half of July, 2020 that contains release note text  similar to:

• Addressed an issue where lsass.exe fails with the following error message: “A critical system process, C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe, failed with status code c0000008. The machine must now be restarted."
    2020年6月24日 19:33
  • Hi, since last Friday this happened four times after laptop was powered on (last time this morning):

A critical system process, C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe, failed with status code c0000008.  The machine must now be restarted.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Hi 

Please read this article https://wccftech.com/microsoft-confirms-june-windows-10-update-could-crash-systems/

if I were you I will uninstall the KB4557957 (for version 2004), KB4560960 (for versions 1909 and 1903) and KB4561608 (for version 1809).

To do so, open control panel > find programs > click on uninstall a program >on the left panel click on view installed updates > then in the search field > copy paste the KB for your windows 10 version then enter key highlight then click on unistall. Then reboot your computer.

give a feedback 

septviessuivront

2020年6月24日 23:54
  • Hello BoxiKG,

Could also be some buggy software or third party compatibility issue after the update. Try running Windows in Safe Mode, if the issue does not happen in safe mode, run it in selective startup. Then start your programs and services one by one until you find the culprit.

Miguel Fra
    Falcon IT Services
    https://www.falconitservices.com

2020年6月25日 0:06