none
Preinstalled Office? RRS feed

• Pytanie

• I just bought my new acer aspire 9300 through amazon.co.uk and when I recieved it I used the provided CD to upgrade the OS that was already on the laptop to vista premium (i think it was home basic prior to this). When i launch any microsoft office product, primarily word, it aks for an activation key... I purchased the laptop under the impression that I was also getting the full version of office with it, along with the full version of norton anti-virus. However, both of these products appear to be trials and i cant find a serial key anywhere, apart from the one used to upgrade the OS. Have I been tricked into buying something by microsoft or am I missing something? please help!

poniedziałek, 29 października 2007 12:29

Odpowiedzi

• Many computer manufacturers install a trial version of Microsoft Office.  Unless you specifically ordered and paid for a Microsoft Office license, you apparently have only the trial version installed.  If you wish to continue to use Microsoft Office, then you'll need to purchase a license (product key) for it.

poniedziałek, 29 października 2007 14:44

Wszystkie odpowiedzi

•  Monkeywithagun99 wrote:

I just bought my new acer aspire 9300 through amazon.co.uk and when I recieved it I used the provided CD to upgrade the OS that was already on the laptop to vista premium (i think it was home basic prior to this). When i launch any microsoft office product, primarily word, it aks for an activation key... I purchased the laptop under the impression that I was also getting the full version of office with it, along with the full version of norton anti-virus. However, both of these products appear to be trials and i cant find a serial key anywhere, apart from the one used to upgrade the OS. Have I been tricked into buying something by microsoft or am I missing something? please help!

The product key affixed to your computer is for Windows Vista (the operating system) and not for Microsoft Office.  Please review the following:

How to determine whether you have a trial edition of a 2007 Office suite or program installed: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927920/en-us

How to convert a trial version of a 2007 Office suite or program to a full retail perpetual license version: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927756/en-us

poniedziałek, 29 października 2007 13:43
  • Yes I know that, I used it to upgrade the OS to premium, but is there another key for office???

poniedziałek, 29 października 2007 14:04
  • Many computer manufacturers install a trial version of Microsoft Office.  Unless you specifically ordered and paid for a Microsoft Office license, you apparently have only the trial version installed.  If you wish to continue to use Microsoft Office, then you'll need to purchase a license (product key) for it.

poniedziałek, 29 października 2007 14:44
  • Hi Monkeywithagun99,

I would also suggest contacting the seller of the computer. If they told you that a Full version of Office was on the computer, that you bought, they would be responsible for supplying you with the Office Product Key.

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

• Zaproponowany jako odpowiedź przez Joan MURPHY piątek, 15 lipca 2016 03:58
    czwartek, 8 listopada 2007 00:01
  • PLEASE UN INSTALL
    • Zmodyfikowany przez Joan MURPHY piątek, 15 lipca 2016 04:00 I HAVE NO MONEY TO BUY!
    piątek, 15 lipca 2016 03:59
  • NO, THEY DID NOT TELL ME IT WAS INCLUDED!!  pLEASE HELP ME UN INSTALL!!
    • Zaproponowany jako odpowiedź przez Joan MURPHY piątek, 15 lipca 2016 04:01
    • Cofnięcie jako propozycji odpowiedzi przez Joan MURPHY piątek, 15 lipca 2016 04:02
    piątek, 15 lipca 2016 04:00
  • No-one is forcing you to purchase anything - you can uninstall whatever version of Office you have from the Programs and Features listing.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

niedziela, 17 lipca 2016 08:52