none
latest update in May 2020 prevents my laptop from accessing the WHS 2011 connector software to my WHS 2011 NAS server RRS feed

• Pergunta

• My windows 10 pro system (as of May 2020) Ver. 1909 for x64-based systems OS Build 18363.836 is up-to-date to May 2020.  This month (May 2020) it stopped connecting to my WHS 2011 NAS (using a version of Windows 7 Pro)  when I tried to use the client connector software Dashboard on my laptop.  It seeks to start the Remote connection App to the server after sign-in but refuses to start.  It gives me the following Remote App error message:

------ beginning of error message

An authentication error has occurred.  The function requested is not supported.  

Remote computer: *****

This could be due to CredSSP encrption oracle remediation.  For more information, see https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=866660

------- end of error message

I followed this link to the bitter end, but it is all gobbldey gook to me.   What can I do, if anything.  Please contact me at ***-***-**** or by email at ***@*****.  Thanks.

----- end of question.

segunda-feira, 25 de maio de 2020 15:49

Respostas

Todas as Respostas

• terça-feira, 2 de junho de 2020 06:33
    Moderador
  • Also try asking for help over here.

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?category=windowshomeserver

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

terça-feira, 2 de junho de 2020 11:24
    Moderador
  • Thank you Guido, Patrick and other helpful members of the forum.  I finally found the answer to my difficulties and it came from the following webpage: 

https://www.wintips.org/windows-update-cannot-check-for-updates-windows-8-7-or-vista-solved/.

It involved using a Microsoft supplied replacement for their old Fix It utility reachable at Https://support.microsoft.com/kb/2730071, then the WHS 2011 server OS (Windows 7 based) became able to update all of the missing updates that I had prior thereto been unable to gain access to.  Once those updates were installed (about 9 of them) I also became able to use the WHS Dashboard client that was already resident on my Windows 10 Pro laptops and initiate, as well as view, the backups the WHS server had been doing all along.  It looks like Windows 10 was not the culprit.  I have no clue why the WHS server OS could not obtain updates for a year or two.

???? Myron Kuziak

domingo, 7 de junho de 2020 18:01
  • I already posted this as a reply to Guido.

Thank you Guido, Patrick and other helpful members of the forum.  I finally found the answer to my difficulties and it came from the following webpage:

https://www.wintips.org/windows-update-cannot-check-for-updates-windows-8-7-or-vista-solved/.

It involved using a Microsoft supplied replacement for their old Fix It utility reachable at Https://support.microsoft.com/kb/2730071, then the WHS 2011 server OS (Windows 7 based) became able to update all of the missing updates that I had prior thereto been unable to gain access to.  Once those updates were installed (about 9 of them) I also became able to use the WHS Dashboard client that was already resident on my Windows 10 Pro laptops and initiate, as well as view, the backups the WHS server had been doing all along.  It looks like Windows 10 was not the culprit.  I have no clue why the WHS server OS could not obtain updates for a year or two.

???? Myron Kuziak

domingo, 7 de junho de 2020 18:07
  • Glad to hear of success.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

domingo, 7 de junho de 2020 18:13
    Moderador