none
Question about Power Platform RRS feed

• Pergunta

• My employer has asked me to investigate whether the Power Platform might be useful. I've never used it.

All my employer's computers run Windows 10 Pro and Office 365 (E3 subscription); all in a Windows Server 2016 Standard environment. The Power Platform apps are intended for that environment. At home, however, I run Windows 10 Pro (retail license) and my own personal Office 365 Family license; all in a Windows SBS Standard 2011 environment.

As I said, the Power Apps are specifically for my employer's environment, but it would be nice if I could run it in my personal (home) environment as well, for days when I work from home. The accounts for both environments are different (one belongs to my employer, whereas the other belongs to me).

QUESTION 1:

Can I install the Power Apps in both environments, and make sure that the account under which it is installed in my home environment works just the same as if it were installed in my employer's environment? I don't want to mix up (and thus mess up) my home environment. Do I need to install the apps in a special way for this to work?

QUESTION 2:

I've been specifically asked to look at Power-BI and Power Automate. Since our use case for Power Automate works on our filesystem which spans 3 geographically disperse servers, it appears to require a local Gateway (presumably one for each server/region). Is there an evaluation solution that would allow me to test those features from the office and from home (without mucking them up, as mentioned above)? I ask because I believe that to use Power Automate against a filesystem, we need the Pro version, which doesn't appear as part of the evaluation download.

Regards, Graham R Seach Sydney, Australia

quinta-feira, 28 de maio de 2020 03:48

Respostas