none
BIG PROBLEM RRS feed

• Pergunta

• Good afternoon

After installing the Steadystate software and rebooting my Windows XP machine, I can't get to the Windows log on screen through a normal boot.It just appear on starting screen:"to begon,click on user name ,but  BIG PROBLEM, no name appear on the screen.So that it's impossible to start the system.Even when I do twice.ctrl alt DEL then appear  opening Windows session but username is deconnected;    PLEASE HELP

domingo, 24 de junho de 2007 16:24

Respostas

• Hi,

By coincidence I had a problem with the installation of my new printer today and had to go into safe mode so I think I have seen your problem.  When windows starts in safe mode, i had a message to tell me that my account had been blocked.  I clicked ok and then I had no accounts at all to click on.  So, I did ctrl-alt-del twice to bring up the log on.  My account was there so I clicked OK but again, access denied.  So i typed Admin and clicked ok but again denied. What I had to do was type administrator then click ok.  Make sure that you spell it correctly and if you set a password you are going to need it - luckily i did not.  Hope this helps - let us know how you get on.

segunda-feira, 25 de junho de 2007 21:40

Todas as Respostas

• Try starting your PC in Safe Mode - press F8 as your machine boots up - and then log in as Administrator.  Then you can get to the Control Panel and access the User Accounts and try and undo anything done by SteadyState.  May be even use System Restore?

domingo, 24 de junho de 2007 17:44
  • I try many times with press F8 but no reactions.Only mention click on user appear but no name of user.So I cannot start and log in further
    domingo, 24 de junho de 2007 22:55
  •  Guy Timmermans wrote:

Good afternoon

After installing the Steadystate software and rebooting my Windows XP machine, I can't get to the Windows log on screen through a normal boot.It just appear on starting screen:"to begon,click on user name ,but  BIG PROBLEM, no name appear on the screen.So that it's impossible to start the system.Even when I do twice.ctrl alt DEL then appear  opening Windows session but username is deconnected;    PLEASE HELP

Hi Guy,

Could you log in as a built-in "administrator" after pressing ctrl+alt+del twice.

segunda-feira, 25 de junho de 2007 03:20
  • Hi Sammy

Yes,I try many times but always same message : impossible to connect you or your account had been desactived,contact your administrator what's impossible because I cannot enter into system

segunda-feira, 25 de junho de 2007 11:15
  • I had the same problem, but my system is connected to a Domain.  I eventually had to log into Safe Mode, delete the registry keys, and then use system restore to go back 24 hours. 

segunda-feira, 25 de junho de 2007 11:49
  • Hi,

If SteadyState has disabled user accounts, there should be an entry in the event log that tells you why.  You should be able start in Safe Mode and then log on using the built-in Administrator account.  Other accounts in the Administrators group may not work, so use the real Administrator account.

segunda-feira, 25 de junho de 2007 20:16
  • Hi,

By coincidence I had a problem with the installation of my new printer today and had to go into safe mode so I think I have seen your problem.  When windows starts in safe mode, i had a message to tell me that my account had been blocked.  I clicked ok and then I had no accounts at all to click on.  So, I did ctrl-alt-del twice to bring up the log on.  My account was there so I clicked OK but again, access denied.  So i typed Admin and clicked ok but again denied. What I had to do was type administrator then click ok.  Make sure that you spell it correctly and if you set a password you are going to need it - luckily i did not.  Hope this helps - let us know how you get on.

segunda-feira, 25 de junho de 2007 21:40
  • I have the same problem and tried all of the above. The administrator account won't work.
    terça-feira, 3 de julho de 2007 18:34