Big problem activating Onecare RRS feed

• Pergunta

• Hi, I am unable to activate. After I enter my ID & password, I get as far as "Continue online", but when I click this, the window disappears & nothing else happens. Also, when I tried to get online help, I got "AOL cannot open file (Too large) & to open via other means. I admit I'm PC illiterate, but I've been trying to activate for the last 5 hours, & am not 'a happy bunny'. Any help on this would be much appreciated.

sexta-feira, 11 de abril de 2008 16:58

Respostas

• If you are using Windows XP, go to Set Programs and Defaults. In Vista,

Default Programs on the Start menu.

Make Internet Explorer your default web browser.

Now try to activate from within OneCare once again.

You can then change your default browser back to AOL or you can leave it as is if you open AOL to normally browse the web.

You can also contact support per the information in the FAQ - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Since it will be an email support case and you can't seem to get to the Help topics from OneCare, skip in the instructions in the FAQ to the part that it explains how to get to Instant Support directly. Then use the trial user option after clicking on Get More Help.

-steve

sexta-feira, 11 de abril de 2008 18:01
    Moderador

Todas as Respostas

• If you are using Windows XP, go to Set Programs and Defaults. In Vista,

Default Programs on the Start menu.

Make Internet Explorer your default web browser.

Now try to activate from within OneCare once again.

You can then change your default browser back to AOL or you can leave it as is if you open AOL to normally browse the web.

You can also contact support per the information in the FAQ - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Since it will be an email support case and you can't seem to get to the Help topics from OneCare, skip in the instructions in the FAQ to the part that it explains how to get to Instant Support directly. Then use the trial user option after clicking on Get More Help.

-steve

sexta-feira, 11 de abril de 2008 18:01
    Moderador
  • Hi Stephen, Many thanks for the advice. I did as you suggested & the problem is now resolved.

sexta-feira, 11 de abril de 2008 19:05
  • Woohoo! Thanks for confirming. :-)

-steve

sexta-feira, 11 de abril de 2008 19:07
    Moderador