Problem with Onecare restore RRS feed

• Pergunta

• My laptop crashed on the Vista sp2 update this week so I just completed a reinstall of the original laptop operation system XP.  Now I want to restore some files (my documents) from the Vista one care backup and one care does not see the old vista install.  The files are on my external network drive but the old vista machine is not listed in my circle group.  How do I get these files back?
    sexta-feira, 29 de maio de 2009 15:02

Respostas

Todas as Respostas

• First confugure backup and perform a backup of the laptop. This will allow One Care to see the backup location and the backup files. To restore files, start the restore wizard and select "restore files from another computer". You should then see the old Vista backups listed and selectable.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    sexta-feira, 29 de maio de 2009 15:17
    Moderador
  • Hi Jim, thanks for the info. I followed your instructions and made an initial back up of the new install. I then go into Custom Restore. I now see three options. When I choose option store from a different machine, my old PC install is not listed, just other operational PCs in my circle. So if I then go back and choose third option, and manually add network location to where old back folder is, it gives me an error message... Restore cannot continue...onecare could not find a backup device or network folder....

It just will not see the old backup set. Anymore tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Individually opening each of these zip files would be a time consuming nightmare.

Thanks

sexta-feira, 29 de maio de 2009 16:29
  • Did you perform the new backup to the same location  where the backups you need reside?
    sexta-feira, 29 de maio de 2009 16:37
    Moderador
  • Yes, to same network drive, same Windows OneCare Backup folder. So in this folder I have 5 folders representing a individual PC backup.  One of those folders is the old laptop vista install, last updated on 5/26/09.  Thats where all the files are.  In it there is a 2009 folder, and in it is Catalogs and Files folder as well as a DO_NOT_DELETE file. 

So on my new install onecare, I see the new backup and the other 3 operational PCs but no old vista backup.
    sexta-feira, 29 de maio de 2009 16:45
  • I have suggested all i know to do so at this point it might be best to contact support. How to reach support - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90
    sexta-feira, 29 de maio de 2009 16:48
    Moderador