unable to cast object of type 'MultipleItemSelection' to type 'Microsoft.SqlServer.Managment.UI.VSIntegration.IVsMultitemSelect' RRS feed

• Pergunta

• I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this to since its a SQL Server Management Studio issue with source control. Seems I have a problem trying to check in multiple selected items into source control at one time. If I select several items in my project solution that i want to check in, right clicking on one of them to get the popup menu doesn't pop up the menu. This works fine if i just want to check in one thing. If I try to check in the files from the File/Source control menu, I get this error. 

unable to cast object of type 'MultipleItemSelection' to type 'Microsoft.SqlServer.Managment.UI.VSIntegration.IVsMultitemSelect'

Does anyone know how to fix this?

sábado, 20 de junho de 2020 17:26

Todas as Respostas

• What is your SSMS version, what type of project you're using and can you do it from Visual Studio instead?

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

domingo, 21 de junho de 2020 04:32
  • Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 14.0.17289.0
    Microsoft Analysis Services Client Tools 14.0.1016.283
    Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 10.0.18362.1
    Microsoft MSXML 3.0 4.0 6.0 
    Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.11.18362.0
    Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.30319.42000
    Operating System 6.3.18363

I'm using SSMS and a SSMS solution with several projects. I like using SSMS to do SQL development instead of Visual Studio. Its more robust in that area in my opinion. It would be nice if SSMS had some of the dev functionality that Visual Studio has in some instances. I'm also using Redgate SQL Prompt and it works better in SSMS. I'm using Visual Studio Enterprise 2019 for other development needs.

quarta-feira, 26 de agosto de 2020 12:44
  • Looks like you're behind in your SSMS version (the latest is v 18.6) You may try this version and see if the problem will be resolved (I didn't try myself to use solutions in SSMS so don't know). If not, you will need to report this problem on MS Connect.

Looking for new opportunities

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

quarta-feira, 26 de agosto de 2020 18:11