none
Large print server High CPU usage RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

I want to create a new print server replacing my old windows 2008R2. So I install a Windows 2019 server standard with the print server role only.

I deployed all my new print files (120) with the Universal Lexmark print driver (V2.15).

This server is not in production mode and no client are connected to it but the CPU has more than 95% with the spoolsv.exe process...

I test a lot of things like change the driver with PCL XL or PS (same version or precedent version 2.14.1) but nothing to do.

I modify all my standard TCP/IP port disabling the SNMP and then the problem was resolved !!!

Problem the users want to be notified when there is no paper or toner empty then I need the SNMP protocol to have this functionnality.

I try to contact Lexmark but they say that this is not their driver but a Microsoft problem...

I saw this post with similar problem but no solution...

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/9440edde-7ef6-4183-87d8-4376d574ac29/large-print-server-high-cpu-usage-windows-2016?forum=ws2016

If an engineer have the solution please help me, I'm desperate.....

Friday, April 23, 2021 2:22 PM

All replies

• yes its a big problem
    Tuesday, May 25, 2021 8:15 AM
  • I hope you get the answer soon.
    Saturday, June 26, 2021 6:22 AM
  • Good info to cover the topic
    Thursday, April 21, 2022 10:51 AM
  • yes its a big problem
    Hi,

Please make sure you have the latest printer drivers for your printer.

Also, let’s check if any print file stuck in your spool folder. Please refer to the following operations.

Click Start-> Windows Administrative Tools-> Services.
    Scroll down the list of services for the Print Spooler.
    Right click Print Spooler and click Stop.
    Then open This PC.
    Follow the path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS. That contains spool files with the .shd and .shl extensions . You may delete the contents of this folder if any.
    Delete all of the files inside of this folder.
    Then Restart the spooler service.
    Then check the issue.

Hope it helps.

Thursday, April 21, 2022 10:55 AM
  • Hi Zataz,

how many printers you have installed in the server.

The Driver is the for the correct version of windows server?

Best Regards,

Thursday, May 5, 2022 6:26 PM
  • I have the same problem, I will try this thank you for your help
    Saturday, May 7, 2022 4:44 PM
  • This software will repair common computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware, hardware failure and optimize your PC for maximum performance. Fix PC issues and remove viruses now in 3 easy steps:
    Download Restoro PC Repair Tool that comes with Patented Technologies (patent available here).
    Click Start Scan to find Windows issues that could be causing PC problems.
    Click Repair All to fix issues affecting your computer's security and performance

Regards,
    J Wick

Saturday, August 6, 2022 6:23 AM
  • 1,If the Lexmark printer driver is not installed, is the CPU usage normal?

2, Install a new server and use canon's composite machine UFRII driver to check whether the CPU occupancy rate is normal

Note: Canon UFRII's driver technology SNMP is different from other manufacturers.
    Saturday, September 10, 2022 6:52 AM
  • Hello,

I have the same problem, I will try this thank you.

Saturday, September 10, 2022 5:10 PM
  • melhro torcar a ideia e fazer o basico, as pessoas precisam saber suas obrigações
    Thursday, September 15, 2022 12:28 AM
  • We advise Restoro PC Repair Tool to repair a variety of PC issues:

Common computer faults will be fixed by this programme, which will also safeguard you against data loss, viruses, hardware failure, and optimise your PC for optimum performance. In 3 simple actions, you can immediately fix PC issues and eradicate viruses:
    Download the patented technologies-based Restoro PC Repair Tool (patent available here).
    To detect Windows faults that can be causing PC troubles, click Start Scan.
    To address problems impacting the performance and security of your computer, click Repair All.
    This month, 1,021,310 readers have downloaded Restoro.
    Thursday, September 15, 2022 7:50 PM