Cannot resolve Reactive assemblies after VS2013 upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• I'm in the process of converting a VS 2010 Azure solution to VS 2013 (staying with. Net 4.0). We are using the Reactive library that was installed via nuget. When I tried to build the converted solution in VS 2013 the source file that uses the Reactive.Observable class would not compile. It threw a CS0234 error for the 'using' statement 'using System.Reactive.Linq;'.

The odd thing is the editor is underlining the line in blue, not red. The four Reactive assemblies ARE listed under the project references in the solution explorer. I can open them up in the object browser so I know the files really are there.

If I remove the 'using' statements from the source file, I can go down to the line that references the Observable object (which is now underlined in red), right-click and select Resolve. It shows the correct 'using' statement to use, I click it and it inserts that statement at the beginning of the file as expected.

So I save the file and try to compile it. The compile fails (same CS0234 error) and the using statement is underlined in blue again.

I created a simple console app targeting 4.0, added the Reactive package from nuget and tried a similar call which worked just fine. 

Any ideas what is missing? Could migrating from 2010 to 2013 broken something?

• Edited by joesass Friday, January 31, 2014 10:50 PM
    • Moved by Caillen Monday, February 3, 2014 10:23 AM
    Friday, January 31, 2014 10:48 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi joesass,

I'm afraid that this is not the correct forum for your question. This forum is for questions about Visual C# questions. I'm moving your question to the [Where is the forum for...] forum where the moderator of the forum will direct you to the right forum.

Thanks for your understanding.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, February 3, 2014 10:23 AM
  • I'd ask in the Reactive Extensions (Rx) forum under the Data Platform Development forums.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C40686F746D61696C2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, February 3, 2014 9:53 PM