none
HPC Tasks failing with error - Begin Trouble creating directory: d: try_attempts remaining RRS feed

• Question

• I am seeing this intermittent error on some of the compute nodes.

Begin Trouble creating directory: d: try_attempts remaining: 3 Trouble creating directory: d: try_attempts remaining: 2 Trouble creating directory: d: try_attempts remaining: 1 Exception in mkdirs catch(...)

I am not able to identify the probable cause. Checked with node health, drive access and space, executing application health all look good. 

Can anybody help me with the possible cause and fix for this issue?

Thursday, July 2, 2020 7:14 PM

All replies

• Can you please be a little more specific on the tasks that you are running?

Tuesday, July 7, 2020 2:48 AM
  • Thanks a lot Ken for responding.

A third party app schedules jobs on HPC. These tasks are executable of this app. App is installed on each compute node.

We are using HPC Pack 2012 R2 - deployed in Azure. HPC Jobs create Job folder and tasks sub folders into the D drive (temporary disk) on the Azure compute nodes. 

We checked the space and access for the compute nodes temp disk to check if it might cause any issue, but that is not a problem.

I am not much experienced with HPC Pack. If you are asking for any specific detail apart of above details, could you please point out from where do I get those details and share with you?

Tuesday, July 7, 2020 6:06 PM